McCruise control unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rls

Reaction score
Just put the McCruise unit on my FJR. The kit was very nice and the instructions were outstanding. My mechanic who put it on said he had never seen a more detailed instruction sheet. Rode the bike today and it worked very very well. When we first put it on we had a slight problem-self inflicted- and had to email Tony at McCruise last night around 6pm cst. As it was during normal work hours in New Zeland I figured I would get an email back shortly, but he called!!!!!!!!! Talk about customer service. Although it is Saturday today down under and they are normally closed he made arrangements to call my mechanic this pm and help him get it right. He emailed us some ideas to check to see if we could fix it in the meantime and it worked so I emailed him back and let him know it was fixed. He called anyway to check. Customer service indeed. Very clean installation and looks good on the bike. Fast shipping too--3 days from NZ to Oklahoma-I cant get a letter across the state in that time.

Just put the McCruise unit on my FJR. The kit was very nice and the instructions were outstanding. My mechanic who put it on said he had never seen a more detailed instruction sheet. Rode the bike today and it worked very very well. When we first put it on we had a slight problem-self inflicted- and had to email Tony at McCruise last night around 6pm cst. As it was during normal work hours in New Zeland I figured I would get an email back shortly, but he called!!!!!!!!! Talk about customer service. Although it is Saturday today down under and they are normally closed he made arrangements to call my mechanic this pm and help him get it right. He emailed us some ideas to check to see if we could fix it in the meantime and it worked so I emailed him back and let him know it was fixed. He called anyway to check. Customer service indeed. Very clean installation and looks good on the bike. Fast shipping too--3 days from NZ to Oklahoma-I cant get a letter across the state in that time.
Isn't the MCCruise made in Australia (Melbourne)? Your reference to New Zealand is a bit like saying if you are from New York, that's close enough to be Canadian.

As for the instructions...here in OZ....we measure twice, cut once. If you are going to do a job right, do it properly. Glad to see that the unit is that impressive. It's on my wish list!

I installed my MCC myself. I've worked as a mechanic and I have to say that the directions were as good as, if not better, than many factory service manuals. Unit worked first time, no adjustment needed. More expensive than Audiovox but IMHO well worth it.