McCruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having it about a month, I can tell you that the McCruise Control works perfectly. I haven't had any problems, and I haven't had to readjust anything. It works perfectly. Anytime I am on a road where i need to maintain a steady speed, I hit the cruise button. So I say i have it turned on at least half the time I am on the bike. It is well worth the money if you can swing the cost. If you want to try it, you are right down the street from me, so let me know and you can try it out. Once you try it, you will be sold. It's like having a brand new bike, so just go ahead an order it. We can install it in one afternoon.

Sounds great! Glad to hear it. I have had the same experience from my Rostra. I use cruise control more often than manually manipulating the throttle. Set and forget.

I just finished installing the MC Cruise on my 2010. I got the one which locates the servo under the front seat. Very easy install (except for the new throttle cable just took a lot of fiddling). Took 3 afternoons and enjoyed the work. The first test ride was disappointing - the cruise would not Set. Went home and found the Servo cable had seated in, and had too much slack. Remedied this, and today it worked great first time. Could not feel any surge as the cruise took over. Notched it up 5 mph, notched it down 5 mph. I bought this one Jan 7, 2019. It cost $850 US. I am heading to the great American southwest in April/May. Bring on those long days in the saddle! Highly recommended. Will post more impressions as time goes by. Now if I can only find the money for the Michelin 5's!

good write up.

can you post a photo of your controls?

curious what it looks like when done correctly and close to factory

Old thread, I too am interested in the MC cruise or ??? I wonder if Panotaker still has the FJR with the MC Cruise on it fora idea how it is working several years later.

Old thread, I too am interested in the MC cruise or ??? I wonder if Panotaker still has the FJR with the MC Cruise on it fora idea how it is working several years later.
Yeah I still have the 2008 FJR with the MC Cruise control on it. It still works perfectly, I never had any problems with it, and I never had to adjust it. I never even think about it, it just always works. I highly recommend the MC Cruise control.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://secure.shoeboxapp.com/photo/ec05e5ae46414de0dfacc05bf61b11686d03b559196ac38996c64f7676776f0d02
Here is the controller installed. Looks good and is in the right position. I had .060" machined off the upper surface of the clutch mounting bracket as per installation instructions. This must be the best retrofit cruise control available. Truly plug and play.
Thanks for the pic, I wounder what the AE owners use to mount this? My YCC-S shift control is clamped on there.

.., I wonder what the AE owners use to mount this? My YCC-S shift control is clamped on there.
For my Audiovox controller on my Gen 2 YCC-S, I made a bracket using the clamping screws and appropriate spacers. The bracket originally held my heated vest controller, I added to that to hold the CC control panel.
(Click on image for larger view)

that is what my zx14 needs - cruse control. kinda like the fjr as you start out at 70 mph then all of a sudden you are at 90 mph like majik.

I sold my 2007 ZX-14 several years ago and I do miss it. I did not have a cruise but I did install a Spiegler bar kit and it made so much better on long trips. If Drag Racing is for you . After the stock chain stretched I was able to go UP two teeth on rear sprocket and WOW . If you feel Brave a OEM Kaw Zephyr front steel sprocket is ONE tooth less. 2 nd gear at 60 and pin it... front tire come up like in 1st. Scary fast took it off, going down 1 on front is like adding two on rear so I was UP 4. 6 th roll on's was awesome. https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/lsl-kawasaki-zx-14-06-11-handlebar-riser-kit/ PM I have some spare wheels etc if interested.

https://secure.shoeboxapp.com/photo/ec05e5ae46414de0dfacc05bf61b11686d03b559196ac38996c64f7676776f0d02

Here is the controller installed. Looks good and is in the right position. I had .060" machined off the upper surface of the clutch mounting bracket as per installation instructions. This must be the best retrofit cruise control available. Truly plug and play.
Thanks for the pic, I wounder what the AE owners use to mount this? My YCC-S shift control is clamped on there.
I have McCruise on my 06AE. The controller mounts to the right handlebar. Its actually fine on the throttle side. For my 08AE with audiovox I did just what Mcatrophy did.

Hi guys

A quick question about the Mc Cruise .

For those who have it on their 2006 , in the install manual pdf it says that the models 2006-07 are hard to set up .

Is it really working as a real cruise control ?

Heres my question :

If Im on flat road and set it at 70 mph , on gear 4 for exemple ,and then comes an upgrade

Is it going up in rpm? Smoothly ? Or it going to give a boost ? to keep it at 70 mph ?

Or is it going to give a big acceleration to keep it at 70 , if the upgrade is a bit stiff ?

And in a downgrade ? Keeps the speed ? By micro braking ?

In my car when happens like this , the cruise control put a boost on the rpm to keep at the chosen speed , and this has a major influence on the gas consumption .

And I remember on an Audi that I had in 2006 , the cruise control was very very smooth and intelligent .

I hope I was clear on my questions and what I try to explain .

Thanks a lot guys

Hi guysA quick question about the Mc Cruise .

For those who have it on their 2006 , in the install manual pdf it says that the models 2006-07 are hard to set up .

Is it really working as a real cruise control ?

Heres my question :

If Im on flat road and set it at 70 mph , on gear 4 for exemple ,and then comes an upgrade

Is it going up in rpm? Smoothly ? Or it going to give a boost ? to keep it at 70 mph ?

Or is it going to give a big acceleration to keep it at 70 , if the upgrade is a bit stiff ?

And in a downgrade ? Keeps the speed ? By micro braking ?

In my car when happens like this , the cruise control put a boost on the rpm to keep at the chosen speed , and this has a major influence on the gas consumption .

And I remember on an Audi that I had in 2006 , the cruise control was very very smooth and intelligent .

I hope I was clear on my questions and what I try to explain .

Thanks a lot guys
Mine works fine. IT does vary speed a little. But generally holds it within +/- 2 mph. I am riding 2 up and towing a trailer most of the time. I could tighten up the parameters, but this is close enough for me. McCruise is not a car cruise control, it does not get it's speed indications from any electronic inputs, it gets it from wheel speed by putting small magnets inside the heads of the rear brake rotor bolts. you can push the accel but once and it will slowly gain 1-2 mph, same with decel.

Panotaker what are the dimensions of the servo? I am thinking about mounting it under the seat but I have a Fuzeblock there already. Curious to know if you get creative if both would fit under the front seat.

I'm getting close to putting the cash down for this. Hopefully in a few weeks.

Panotaker what are the dimensions of the servo? I am thinking about mounting it under the seat but I have a Fuzeblock there already. Curious to know if you get creative if both would fit under the front seat.
I'm getting close to putting the cash down for this. Hopefully in a few weeks.
That servo is about the same size as an old style automotive ignition coil, it even looks like it. I have a Fuzeblock and servo mounted under my seat, and they fit just fine.