metzler roadtec z6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta ask what to some may be a stupid question, but my philosophy is that there are not stupid questions.....only stupid answers.

Throughout this thread many have referred to their front tires "triangulating". Is this simply a technobabble way of saying "cupping"? Or is "triangulating" a different problem?

Oh, and BTW, Sam Adams Lite beats Miller and Bud Lite to death. :bleh:

Question: I have been happy running tire pressures at 38F/40R - I wonder if adding a couple of pounds each would help or not...?
There are many variables. Among them.

Do you run with luggage and, if so, is it usually empty or do you carry some stuff usually?

Do you spend more time with a passenger on or are you by yourself mostly?

When you go through the twisties, do you tend to pull yourself up close to the tank or do you push yourself to the back of the seat?

If your front wore as fast as the back, sounds like perfect planning!

fwiw...Running around 40 or 41 psi in both front and the back with the Z6 resulted in the front having more life left than the rear on the Z6. They rear was toast at about 8000 miles. Much better than the 3500-4000 miles I was getting out of the Pilot Sport or BT 020 rears.

I gotta ask what to some may be a stupid question, but my philosophy is that there are not stupid questions.....only stupid answers.
Throughout this thread many have referred to their front tires "triangulating".  Is this simply a technobabble way of saying "cupping"?  Or is "triangulating" a different problem?

Oh, and BTW,  Sam Adams Lite beats Miller and Bud Lite to death.  :bleh:
Howie, where the hell ya been?

This shows triangulation:

tirefronttext.jpg

Read More Here

Course, being in Florida, you never need to turn, so... :p

Howie, where the hell ya been?
Horrible, ugly story. It all begins in December 2001. 30+ years of smoking combined with a bad case of bronchitis. Coughing fit. Cough SO violently I split my gut...literally...tore a 14 inch gash in my transverse colon.

:bigeyes:

Had to have an emergency colostomy. Fortunately, a reversible one so I don't have to walk around the rest of my life with a bag. (yuck)

Jump ahead to December 2004. Almost a repeat of 2001. Catch a cold. Cough so hard I internally split the scars from the 2001 operation. Can you say "hernia"?

January 2005, massive hernia repairs. Jump ahead 6 months to June. STILL suffering from chronic bronchitis (from smoking) and cough up another hernia.

:bigeyes:

December 16, 2005. Enter the hospital again for another hernia repair. In for a week. Come home for a few days and come down with a serious post-surgical infection. Damn near bought the farm. Back in the hospital for another week and beat the infection back. Finally come home (hopefully) for good.

Anyway, for most of December and January, I had no computer access while in the hospital, and for my first weeks home, both trips, couldn't sit up at the computer for more than a few minutes and just didn't feel like getting "thread involved".

Oh...I quit smoking (for good this time) last June, so no lectures, please.

The worst part of it all is now I'm a "waiter" of sorts. I don't get clearance to get back on the Cerulean Battle Cruiser until mid February. Haven't ridden since middle of December and I'm Jonesin' real bad.

Oh, thanks for the "triangulation" explanation.

Need to get back to work on my post-count now. :)

Things that make ya say ouch! :( Man Howie, I hada stand up to post this one. Hope your feelin' better. Congrats on the quiting smoking :clap: I did the same two years ago after a quad bypass. I don't know if it made it any easier but what ever works eh? Post on!

:jester:

Jesus! Holy maximum suckage, Batman! Glad to hear you're on the mend there, Camel Joe! Been 18 months since my last smoke and damn proud of it.

I was gonna PM you to see if you could make it over to Pompano Beach for a beer. I'm there late 29th - early 2/1, but looks like you're home bound for a while... I'll just have to bend the elbow twice, I suppose.

Welcome back from the near dead!