• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 & 3 Tire Combo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mount Rainier

Reaction score
Seems it's not that good after all.

Info deleted. :)

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm......

I just got a set of PR2s delivered to my door two weeks ago from Chaparral for $256.99.

The ones I didn't order from....all prices to my door.

Derby - $269.98

American Motorcycle Tire - $269.63

Motorcycle Superstore - $284.98

When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was recommending a mixed set of PR2 and PR3. I was wondering if the 2 or the 3 was on the front. I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea, but you never know until someone tries it.

I just bought 4 sets of PR2's.....$239.50 delivered.(3 for me and 1 set for a buddy) Plus I got $28 bucks off my next order !! BIKEBANDIT with AMA discount and feee delivery on anything I order for a year.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was recommending a mixed set of PR2 and PR3. I was wondering if the 2 or the 3 was on the front. I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea, but you never know until someone tries it.
Greg,

I had a PR3 put on the back in Sturgis on the way back from NAFO. The PR2 on the front was fine. I put about 2K on the combo and didn't notice any issues or anomolies. I since purchased a front PR3 just so I have a matched pair. The front was just slightly flat spotted from all the slabbibg on the NAFO trip. Gottwa say I love the wet traction of the PR3's. Noticable difference.

Me too, lol. This past weekend, I replaced my worn out PR2 front with a PR3; I have a couple month old PR2 on the back. My 300+ mile, break in the new tire, day ride on Sunday, in both dry and extremely wet conditions, revealed absolutely no unusual characteristics...felt pretty good actually. Running this combo until the rear PR2 is worn out or otherwise...money's not laying around the place here, lol. ;)