• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear for $96

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the text of the email....

Dear MotoSport Customer,

We have some unfortunate news regarding order number xxxxx . We submitted a purchase order for your items after you placed your order and it was reported that all items were available but on backorder. We just received word from our vendor that items you ordered are unfortunately discontinued and are no longer available for purchase. You have not and will not be charged for the items. We’re truly sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused by this.

The discontinued items are as follows:

Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire
18055ZR17

We have taken these items off your order, thank you for your understanding in this matter and again apologize for any issues caused by this.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re available via email, phone or online chat Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT, and Saturdays 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT.

Thanks,

Dear MotoSport Customer,

We have some unfortunate news regarding order number xxxxx . We submitted a purchase order for your items after you placed your order and it was reported that all items were available but on backorder. We just received word from our vendor that items you ordered are unfortunately discontinued and are no longer available for purchase. You have not and will not be charged for the items. We’re truly sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused by this.

Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire

18055ZR17

We have taken these items off your order, thank you for your understanding in this matter and again apologize for any issues caused by this.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re available via email, phone or online chat Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT, and Saturdays 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT.

Thanks,
I got the identical email from them too.

$96.00 is missing from my debit account and amazon sent an email saying my order is confirmed with MotoSport but hasn't shipped yet. Tire estimated delivery date is January 6th - 14th.

Dear MotoSport Customer,

Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire

18055ZR17

Thanks,
Oops spoke too soon. I just got the same email. Only thing is they are some lying bastards about "You have not and will not be charged for the items." since $96.77 is missing from my debit account.
uhoh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see from Amazon's canceled email, on the bottom:

"*In some cases (e.g. you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a canceled item. If you are charged for a canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days."

$96.00 is missing from my debit account and amazon sent an email saying my order is confirmed with MotoSport but hasn't shipped yet. Tire estimated delivery date is January 6th - 14th.

Dear MotoSport Customer,

Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire
18055ZR17

Thanks,
Oops spoke too soon. I just got the same email. Only thing is they are some lying bastards about "You have not and will not be charged for the items." since $96.77 is missing from my debit account.
uhoh.gif

I just bought 3 gallons of yamalube at "just above rotella" price. Hopefully a pattern doesn't start here

Yeah, I got the same email. Amazon is probably the one that charges the cc and not Motosport so we can't blame Motosport for that. I thought I would be sneaky and place the Amazon order and pay the shipping and wait for them to get back in stock, but now I'm bummed that Michelin seems to be discontinuing it. :(

Is it discontinued, really? Or just out of stock? I'm hoping just out of stock.
Per the email, "We just received word from our vendor that items you ordered are unfortunately discontinued and are no longer available for purchase."

1. One possibility here is that the vendor MotoSport is a complete douche and fabricated this whole deal.

2. On the other hand is the possibility this was a legitimate clearance for a discontinued tire and the Vendor was relying on direct ship, and had no idea stock would not support sales

Since I can order this tire anywhere on the internet, and this is the only fire drill I've seen, maybe #1 is more plausible.

I disbelieve all of the claims of being discontinued. I think they screwed up, quoted too low of a price (like that oil "deal" where they priced a 6 pack at a single bottle price) and used this "excuse" to cancel the orders. (Kind of like how the airlines like to cancel a flight due to "mechanical troubles", when the seats are only half booked.)

As I already said (below)

Discontinued?
Someone ought to inform Michelin.
If you follow my link you'll see that Michelin still lists the PR2 as a current product. Do you think they would leave them up on their own web site if they were discontinued? No, rather than listing an obsolete model on closeout, they would much prefer to steer you to one of the (more expensive, more profitable) PR3 or PR4 models.

I got 2 emails, one from Amazon stating the MotoSport told them they were "Out of stock"The 2nd one from MotoSport stating they were "Discontinued"

asshat.gif
Just plain bad business
I got the same two emails yesterday after placing my order. I don't blame Amazon. Their customer service has always been top notch. But I feel like Motosport definitely screwed up. I almost got in on this sweet deal.

And now their true intentions for this false advertising? Check your emails, if you are like me you will find yourself on their mailing list.

What Jerks...

If they really are jerks, consider that they are now jerks with your credit card info.

When the deal seems too good to be true...