• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear for $96

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI, but I got my tires today that I ordered as posted previously! They even sent mine 2 day at no additional cost. I did order direct as posted but am getting their emails now too but guess I can't complain too much with 3 new PR2 rear tires for 244 bucks!

Discontinued or not, I don't think it's fair to blame Motosport for not having their computer system automatically linked up with Amazon's. I tried to order from Motosport directly and could not because they ran out. So then I tried on Amazon and the site said they usually ship in X-X many days (not that they were in stock and ready to ship). That was on Sunday, on Monday, when everyone goes back to work they sent out the emails and cancelled orders. Not everyone is managing their company's Amazon account on Sunday afternoon so they can pull a product as soon at is sells out on their home webpage.

Just because Michelin may not be discontinuing the PR2 doesn't mean the distributor Motosport buys from isn't going to stop carrying them. Personally, I'm not going to start wearing panties and get them all in a wad over this.

Well, what do you know, the Pilot Road 2 is no longer listed on the Motosport website... only the 3's and 4's. Maybe they were just getting rid of their stock after all.

Discontinued or not, I don't think it's fair to blame Motosport for not having their computer system automatically linked up with Amazon's. I tried to order from Motosport directly and could not because they ran out. So then I tried on Amazon and the site said they usually ship in X-X many days (not that they were in stock and ready to ship). That was on Sunday, on Monday, when everyone goes back to work they sent out the emails and cancelled orders. Not everyone is managing their company's Amazon account on Sunday afternoon so they can pull a product as soon at is sells out on their home webpage.
Just because Michelin may not be discontinuing the PR2 doesn't mean the distributor Motosport buys from isn't going to stop carrying them. Personally, I'm not going to start wearing panties and get them all in a wad over this.
Really?

That is a heck of a lot of slack you are giving them. Last I checked my emails, They told the customers the item was DISCONTINUED.

They explained to Amazon that the item was "Out of Stock" So I might assume that to have a computerized count of availability is just so

difficult to link with Amazon? Theiir "Linking and Managing" to Amazon had no issues picking up email addresses and soliciting further sales

through advertisements to dumped sales of customers through this "Mistake" You can cut them all the slack you want, but may I suggest you

look at their customer comments from past bullshit they have pulled. This wasn't the first time (And won't be the last) for "Mistakes"

I don't wear panties, but I don't do business with asshats like these guys either.

I think you're splitting hairs there, lol. "Discontinued" and "out of stock" are not mutually exclusive terms. Something being discontinued is a reason for it being out of stock; something can be both at the same time. "Discontinued" is just more informative. A 95% positive lifetime feedback rating with 4,887 reviews on Amazon isn't too shabby in my book. I've ordered stuff from MotoSport in the past and have had no issues, so yes I'm cutting them some slack, it is Christmas after all!

If this had gone on for a week, I probably would agree with you, but to my knowledge it only happened on Sunday. The issue was promptly corrected on Monday.

FWIW - on Dec. 21, I ordered 3 gallons of yamalube from Motosport ($18.68 a gallon shipped) on December 21. In 1 hour, I got a tracking number and it arrived about 4 hours ago.

Guess they ain't all that bad.....

I'm with pants. I ordered direct from Motorsport and my tires arrived on Tuesday. In previous orders they've always been prompt and informative. I don't understand "discontinued" and hope they're wrong, but I have nothing but praise for motosport.