• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Michelin Pilot Road 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I have a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Road 2s in my garage that are still in the box that they arrived in.

I purchased them during a sale about a year ago and I realize that I'm never going to get around to mounting them on either bike because... I can't wear out the PR3s that are on my FJR1300 and will replace them with a new set of PR3s next summer. I also can't wear out the Avon Storm 2s that are on my Blackbird and when I do, I'll replace those with another set of Avons.

The Pilot Road 2 front was manufactured during the 8th week of 2010 and the rear was manufactured one week later.

Rather than have them in my garage forever, I'll sell them for $200 shipped. The PayPal payment must be marked Personal so that I don't pay an extra fee of 3%. If not, the price is $206 shipped. <_<

These are NOT "B SPEC"

PM me for my PayPal address

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet deal! If I wasn't a car tire blasphemer (with three sets of motorcycle tires already in the garage) I would be all over this.

You should make somebody happy. Don't think they will be available long.

Yes it was.

My wife and I are out at dinner and I just checked the forum on my phone. I'll send my PayPal account

"I can't wear out the PR3s that are on my FJR1300 and will replace them with a new set of PR3s next summer. I also can't wear out the Avon Storm 2s that are on my Blackbird and when I do, I'll replace those with another set of Avons."

Just curious, why not use the Avons on the FJR or the PR3s on the Busa. I have been Avons most the my FJR miles.

Canadian FJR

"I can't wear out the PR3s that are on my FJR1300 and will replace them with a new set of PR3s next summer. I also can't wear out the Avon Storm 2s that are on my Blackbird and when I do, I'll replace those with another set of Avons."

Just curious, why not use the Avons on the FJR or the PR3s on the Busa. I have been Avons most the my FJR miles.

Canadian FJR
Because I've had three Avon fronts (two were replaced under warranty by Avon) on the FJR1300 and came to the conclusion that they work much better and last much longer on the Blackbird... which is approximately 100 lbs lighter.

Michelin specifically states that the PR3s are not approved for use on the Honda CBR1100XX. I don't know why they shouldn't be used on the Blackbird, nor do I care because I like the Avons on the Bird.

SOLD to puppychow.

PayPal received and UPS tracking information sent.

Latest posts