Mileage Check

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
As of 16 October 2005, I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike :D . Bought at Yamaha of Cucamonga, a 5 star dealer. :D :haha:

May 7th 2005 - ABS version, Givi trunk, sliders, fork braces, fenda extenda, etc etc

Jeez, here I thought I was doing good... Currently 11,205 miles. Went to Colorado & Key West from Delaware, that's where alot of the miles came from...

Peggy Sue's birthday is 7/6/05, and I just hit 4450 miles on it today. From the sounds of it, I don't do enough riding! I just may have to rectify that situation! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As of 16 October 2005, I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike
That is crazy mileage. No wonder you need an '06. Stock seat? BTW, Happy Birthday!

FWIW, I have put a bit over 10,000 on my '04 since April 1. Weak-ass in comparo but it's been a blast!

13000 since July 1st 2004 -

Hey - get this - a friend I ride with, went just today as a matter of fact, has a 2000 or 2001 V-Star 650 that he has put over 78,000 miles on in 4 riding seasons (years?). Not kidding. I think he has snow tires and chains - we are in freaking New England and he has that mileage!

o.k. - that was off-topic - sorry! Wish I could ride as often as he does...

I picked my 05 up October 15th of 2004. I only been able to log 12,000 miles but they have all been trouble-free.

Several things have factored in to my reduced mileage. I had a serious eye injury in Dec 04 that required surgery to rebuild my eye orbit, that plus the recovery period. I also changed jobs in June which have required me to work long days & seven days a week for the last month. The good news is that I love my new job & will soon be earning much more money! :D

The other distraction to my FJR mileage is the FZ1 & Honda Valkyrie that share the garage with my Feejer. They beckon me to ride them too!

One last comment. I've been totally satisfied with my FJR & am happier with it then I ever dreamed I would be. My one only long trip this summer was 1,800 miles to Southern Utah & back in July. The FJR performed flawlessly & is truly a long distance runner!

See ya out there! B)

11,000 since July 2004. Roads tore up here due to flooding last year. broke my foot 6 weeks ago, had to cancel a 4000 mi trip scheduled for NS/PEI this year. :angry: Just hunted the leaves in WVa this weekend. 760 mi.Most miles are 2 up, towing a trailer. Absolutly no issues, other than the heat, but that was taken care of with a full sheepskin.

I also have several other bikes, 05 KLR 650, 96 Royal Star, 90 YX 600 Radian, 91 ST 1100 and 80 Yamaha XS 1100, they all have thousands of miles this year as I am lucky enough to do a weekly ride with my other retired buddies. We usually do between 250-400 miles each week. I ride each bike at least once a week.

Ok, I'll play.

Took delivery August 23, 2003. 49,000 miles.

I know a guy around these parts that has an 03 FJR that probably has around 85,000 miles on it now. :eek:

GunMD, was out camping while Clamping last Thursday-Sunday last weekend. We camped off Adobe Road just south of MC base and put up a temporary historic plaque related to the old Condor glider base. Had great time and weather. I ride out that way often to Joshua, Amboy and just putting on miles.

Bob, Toecutter, that is some powerful riding you have been doing also, keep it up.

Thanks for my 64th Birthday wishes.

Bought 8-04 used with 2800 miles on it. 22,125 as of today. I also put over 3000 miles on another FJR I bought while I repaired this one. So I guess around 25,000 in 14 months. Does this count??? :bleh:

I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike
Yeah, but you joined this forum the day after me and only have 46 posts. You can't post and ride at the same time. You need to find balance. Personally, I'd rather have 33,000 plus miles and only 46 posts, but posting is a lot cheaper than riding or divorcing. :)

****As of 16 October 2005, I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike ****

3 months = 11,104 miles per month !! = 370 miles per day, every day. Do you not sleep ? how many tires and do you own a gas depot ?

Howard