Mileage Check

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little over 40,000 miles.
Purchased 8 Aug 2005.

First ridden 29 Sept 2005.

No problems. No issues. No lookin' back, either. :)
So you've be riding it for less than three weeks now? :eek:mg2:

Thats a little better than 2000 miles a day.

I'm impressed.

PLEASE tell me there is a typo there somewhere so I can go back to feeling average again. :)
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

2004, really.

About 60K annually for all bikes (I had 2 BMWs as well as the FJR and the new VFR)

And say!! I think Serenity is truly cool. I didn't think much of the two episodes I watched parts of. However, I sat down and watched the 8 hour Marathon. Watching the stories in order they were shot really brought forth the character of the show, as the underlying facets of the players was revealed. I simply cannot imagine why/how the series did not get picked up. Here's hoping.

Best wishes.

Thank you, I was really feeling substandard there about how much riding I was gettin in.

The series, Firefly, was really good. I thought that there was so much that could have been done with it. Despite the uh, braintrust at Fox deciding to cancel it before all the first season episodes had run, the box set DVD's are amoung the best selling of all time. Go figure.

The movie, Serenity, is just as good and I reccomend it, of course. Particularly if you enjoy dialog and well rounded story telling at least as well or more than stunning special effects. Kinda like Star Wars with believable story lines and actors who could actually act.

My register date is when I got mine. 2600 miles to date. I'd have double that but my honey-do list seems ever growing.

Honest-to-God, BD...I hope you're taking all this in good fun.

This everybody raggin' you is providing me with many, many moments of chuckles. Not all that pleasant, really, since every laugh is a stab of hernia pain. Got 6 of 'em needin' repair and I'm part of the "Walkin' Wounded" brigade 'til they're fixed.

But thanks for the pleasurable pain. :)

Took delivery of my 05 in April and just crossed 2,000 miles -- far far too few miles on this great ride. Will ride a bit all winter (Virginia Beach climate always gives us some decent days) and vow to spend less time at work and on the golf course in 06, and more time atop this blazing blue bullet :D Jay

Did I answer this one yet? Got my '04 in November '03. Now has 20K. Trouble free, except for the farkle-ups that are my own fault. Like losing the Fenda Extenda 'cause I did a shitty job installing it the first time. 2nd one has been in place now for about 18K miles.

And no, uh,, adverse, unexpected noises coming from UNOWEAR.

On the third set of tires, although those Tomahawks really shouldn't count. I'm beatin up on Pirelli Stradas now. Running synthetic oil, too. Love that SMOOOTH turbine whine!

SCHAWEET! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
picked mine up 5-31-05 one 4200mile trip now 7255. not a problem. I f there was one it would be the price of fuel. Down out right fun bike to ride

:clap: :haha: :clap: :haha: weekend rider

Picked my ABS model up 7-31-05. Sitting right at 22,000 miles. Only let me down the one time right before a trip. Threated to trailer her down to the Harley dealership, and she fired right up! ;) Never has given another HINT of trouble, although I think on vacation I may have heard the unmentionalbe. TBD.

Mike

Okay, again here's a post with an unbelievable mileage...22,000 in 3 months.

Damn -- 88k annual average? I'd hate to be the poor SOB who gets YOUR sloppy seconds. :)

in 14 months I put on 31,000 miles with 4 new front tires and 6 new rear tires.

to many tires, not enough miles.

Got my 05 in mid November last year. Coming up to one year shortly and currently have about 21,000 miles. I thought I was doing great.. but nowhere near a lot of you mileage Gods.... I am impressed.

Cue