Mileage Check

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my used 05 FJR on Oct 18th with 1900 miles, have just over 2700 on it as of yesterday;

bought a 99 honda areo 1100 in April 05 with 11,400; it now has 22,700. The toughest day on my aero was that 500+ mile run from the fla panhandle to the blue ridge motorcycle campground in NC. Came to the conclusion I needed a real touring bike and settled on the fjr; the result: I could not be happier !! what a sweet ride!!

Damm I wish it was april and not oct!

MORocket in Western Mass

'03, new 6mi, now 39000+ on the chassis, 4500 on the '05 engine which I got w/500Mi. Crash last Feb toasted the engine.

03 with 88k as of Aug 19, 05. No problems, pick of the litter. Pickup made left turn in front of me. Waiting for blue 06 to get here.

'03, new 6mi, now 39000+ on the chassis, 4500 on the '05 engine which I got w/500Mi. Crash last Feb toasted the engine.
Tinker,

What is that in your avatar?

When are we getting together next?

Andrew

Picked up my used 05 FJR on Oct 18th with 1900 miles, have just over 2700 on it as of yesterday;
bought a 99 honda areo 1100 in April 05 with 11,400; it now has 22,700. The toughest day on my aero was that 500+ mile run from the fla panhandle to the blue ridge motorcycle campground in NC. Came to the conclusion I needed a real touring bike and settled on the fjr; the result: I could not be happier !! what a sweet ride!!

Damm I wish it was april and not oct!

MORocket in Western Mass
Dude! Ride that thing south coast to Sacramento and we'll ride everyday through the winter. Hint: Firstgear Kilamanjaro Air. Good for hot or cold.

Yep, I,ll log in.......... 03-- 60,000plus........... Just runs and runs.I'm replacing all the bearings and seals this winter.So I can get another 60 out of her.....

As of 16 October 2005, I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike
Ok, I'll play too...I don't have my FJR, YET (just placed my order yesterday), BUT~I did play the BMW MOA mileage contest and I logged 33,000 miles (trouble free) on my '04 1150RT between April 9th and October 9th of this year...Can't wait to see what I can do the the new bike!

L :D

question for bluedevil . with that kinda of mileage are you employed ?

answer to Zorkler: the sad part is that I am retired, which means that I don't work but at 66 I will quit riding much sooner then if I was not retired.

10900 on my '05, got it Aug 6 last year. Haven't done any road trips this year. (Too busy writing.) Next year I have to make up for it. ;)

As of 16 October 2005, I have 33313 completely trouble free miles on my non-ABS which was delivered on 14 July 2005 as a new bike
Ok, I'll play too...I don't have my FJR, YET (just placed my order yesterday), BUT~I did play the BMW MOA mileage contest and I logged 33,000 miles (trouble free) on my '04 1150RT between April 9th and October 9th of this year...Can't wait to see what I can do the the new bike!

L :D
Hi Lisa,

Mrs Skyway (Kristi) says Hi, the avatar picci gave you away. We met earlier this year at the Cal24, 2-up on our FJR. :) Also, congrats to Toby on finishing the IBR. B)

Last edited by a moderator: