Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.

2. When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ass.

7. Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

8. Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.

9. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.

10. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

11. "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!

12. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13. Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.

14. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

I've seen it before but I still read the whole thing...and I love it.

Semper Fi

EDIT:

And for a good example of how to get your ass kicked please see the fucktard in THIS thread, which I pointed out just after Vets day last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.

Amen! I for one, am more than a little tired of folks forgetting (or ignoring) the symbols of the great country that allows us to live in the manner that we do. Too quickly our citizens are forgetting the price that has and will be paid to insure their freedom.

Thanks for the reminder.

-GSE-

Suprised I have not read that one yet. I did the base AF Honor Guard for a year and I gained a lot more respect for the flag. Not to say that I didn't before. Really brings some meaning to it when you fold it and pass it off to the next of kin. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to go out and kick some ass for some of the things people say about the military. Damn proud to serve for this country too, just like the rest of us that do.

God only knows how many times I've told idiots to remove their hat during the anthem and gotten the "Huh?!" look!

Even had a friend tell that since the Anthem was based off of some bar song it's not that sacred :butcher: . I told him that's because he was sitting on his ass jerking-off while I was a few hundred feet underwater understanding what those words meant!!!!!! I told him never to bring that up again or he WILL lose a friend, and he was the best man for my wedding. At first he thought I was kidding,until he saw A) how red I was B)The look on my wife's face! I lost 2 guys in a fire that AFAIK were blood brothers, my only regret was I lived, even though I was right next to them.

You forgot Jane Fucking Fonda, the best AA gunner Charlie had. Just kick her ass on sight, no further reasoning required.

Edit: just spotted #9. Kick her ass anyway, the order still stands.

IBTL

And ride Run For The Wall at least once.
See RFTW
Never made the run but have been to the wall on my own a few times. Very sobering. Was talking about it with my mom and as far as she knows we got lucky and none of my relatives are on there.

The memorial that really surprised me though was the korean war memorial. My dad served in that one. If you've never seen it there are statues of about a whole paltoon of soldiers in full pack and rain gear like they were making their way through a field....the spooky part is that they are a dirty white....looks like a ghost platoon on the march.... and then there is the wall deside them. Instead of names they etched faces of the soldiers on the stone, I assume from original photos. Looked like more ghost images. All in all very spooky and sobering.

As for myself I got very lucky. Viet Nam was all but over by the time I went into the Air Force in 75. I was also lucky enough to get a tour of west and east Berlin before the wall came down. Gave me a whole new respect for the job I was doing. I've actually still got a couple bricks from an old section of the original wall. Have them displayed where I can point them out to visitors.

At the bike show here a few weeks ago there were a couple Vets selling raffle tickets. Used my last $10 for one and shook their hands and thanked them.

Ray

please don't shoot lads, I am English and don't understand the Jane Fonda bit, what did she do?

My dad was in a Sherman in the 8th army. He was in Africa and Italy eventually involved in the battle for Cassino. Wouldnt tell much about it, but although he is no longer here, he will always be my number one hero.

Our first journey abroad on the FJR will be to France next year all being well. It will be to visit my uncle who was killed at Dunkirk and is burried in a war cemetery there. Dad always wanted to go but never made it.

In the UK there seems to be less enthusiasm (if thats the right word) for remembering our vet's. My dad never wanted a fuss making, and felt that what was done was done. Probably just very English.

It has always struck me that we should make more of the people to whom we owe so much. I have never been in the military, but like most lads have always wondered what it would be like to be in a battle. The older I get the more horrific it seems. The phrase ''fix bayonets'' must have been enough to make you feel sick to the stomach.

I am grateful and point out to my kids that they should be. In the melay of everyday modern life, we must never, ever forget.

please don't shoot lads, I am English and don't understand the Jane Fonda bit, what did she do?
At the risk of taking this thread away from the topic and into dangerous waters (re: forum guidelines) ...

here's a
https://www.1stcavmedic.com/jane_fonda.htmlink
https://www.1stcavmedic.com/jane_fonda.htmto a site that has a fairly complete and just-the-facts description of the issue
provided educational informational purposes only - further discussion re: ms fonda - pro or con - would likely violate forum guidelines

Jeeze, what a silly bitch. Didn't know anything about that. Those Vietnamese must have been pissing themselves laughing at her.

"Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great."

P5050049.jpg

P5050035.jpg

P5060054.jpg