Mindoro Cut Road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwollenRaccoon

Reaction score
I can't attend this gala gathering, (2019 CFO), but if during this event, any of you plan to run a northerly loop, I have some good news. In case you haven't heard, Mindoro Cut Road, formerly known as Wisconsin State Highway 108, has been demoted to a county road, namely LaCrosse County C. This had me worried, as I knew that last summer there was considerable work being done to replace a couple dozen culverts, and the road was in bad shape. I thought the demotion from state to county road would result in a less-well-maintained road.

So, last Friday, I made the ride to Mindoro to check it out. I discovered brand-new pavement, with nary a ripple, bump, seam, pothole, or tar snake. How they paved this tortuous, narrow road that well is a credit to the workers who completed this task. During your stay in Dubuque, or on the way to or from the event, don't be afraid to venture north of I-90 and West Salem, and hit this fun, although short, piece of motorcycling excellence. Sorry I won't be there, but I look forward to the subsequent reports of debauchery and revelry. Sheep and goats included.

(P.S. - For those not from the area, or any wannabe pirates, there are no good roads anywhere in the Wisconsin Driftless Area. Just stay on the interstate highways and make good time going through)

Last edited by a moderator:
SwollenRaccoon posted this sentence above: ... I thought the demotion from state to county road would result in a less-well-maintained road.
What you've witnessed is the "make ready" work required whenever a road is transferred from one governmental jurisdiction to another. Before the County accepts the roadway as their responsibility, they want it repaired and resurfaced.

Let's hope LaCrosse County keeps it in good shape over the next 5-7 years. Looks like a fun one!

Last edited by a moderator: