Mini Air Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSUCHLAND

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt] My buddy and I are shopping for a mini air compressor. We figure that there could be an unequal proportion to holes in tires to the amount of CO2 cartridges one can carry on a bike. Why leave fate to Murphy? SO......what do you guys use, do you like it, and what would you reccomend? [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Slime compressor is the way to go. I think mine is slightly different that the one shown above. Bought mine at the Walmart....cheap and works well (tested both with the FJR tires and multiple bike tires). The pump fits under the seat and has multiple connectors.

I may be wrong but I think this product is endorsed by the MasterPlugger himself - no higher praise.

Way back I invested in a CyclePump. Good rep, good product, easy to use, compact, goes everywhere with me on the bikes. I have an SAE plug from my battery that plugs into my tank bag to power whatever is in there, like the Starcom1, and I can power the CyclePump to top off a tire.

The Slime compressor is the way to go. I think mine is slightly different that the one shown above. Bought mine at the Walmart....cheap and works well (tested both with the FJR tires and multiple bike tires). The pump fits under the seat and has multiple connectors.
I may be wrong but I think this product is endorsed by the MasterPlugger himself - no higher praise.
I got mine at autozone on sale for 9.99 a year or so ago. I am not sure mine is exactly like the one I psoted but it looks very similar and does fit under my seat.

I got something like this 10 years ago, and took all the plastic off, extended the cord and put an SAE connector on the end and plug into my electric vest connector when I need it (5 times so far). It sits under the seat along with repair tools (reamer, sting things & puller). Saved my ass a bunch of times and a few others as well)!

38847809_nhUcV-L.jpg

Way back I invested in a CyclePump. Good rep, good product, easy to use, compact, goes everywhere with me on the bikes. I have an SAE plug from my battery that plugs into my tank bag to power whatever is in there, like the Starcom1, and I can power the CyclePump to top off a tire.
+1 on the CyclePump...and it's made in the US.

I do like that fact! I should probably put my money where my mouth is and get the US made one. Here's my mental debate.......The CyclePump is US made, very high quality, proven track record, and has excellent reviews by all who reviewed it. BUT it's $100! Is this a Benjamin that I'll wind up wishing I'd spent on a great air compressor when I'm 100 from anything and a cheap compressor breaks, or is inop? At that point, I'd definetelly end up with a CyclePump anyway. My neighbor, who always buys the best he can afford, has one and says it's the best.

Does any one have the Aerostitch one? The $47 job?

I do like that fact! I should probably put my money where my mouth is and get the US made one. Here's my mental debate.......The CyclePump is US made, very high quality, proven track record, and has excellent reviews by all who reviewed it. BUT it's $100! Is this a Benjamin that I'll wind up wishing I'd spent on a great air compressor when I'm 100 from anything and a cheap compressor breaks, or is inop? At that point, I'd definetelly end up with a CyclePump anyway. My neighbor, who always buys the best he can afford, has one and says it's the best.

Does any one have the Aerostitch one? The $47 job?
I recently bit the bullet on the cycle pump. I just started thinking about what would be worse than being out in the middle of nowhere with a flat. answer: being out in the middle of nowhere with a flat and a compressor that wont do the job. For as long as your going to have an item like this, and what your counting on it for, I decided it was worth the extra cash.

GreyGoose

For the time being I'll just rely on my roadside assistance to handle the flat. I got it through my AMA membership ($39/yr).

More expensive than a compressor, but they'll pick up the whole bike - and me- if necessary. Plus American Motorcyclist magazine and a bunch of people fighting for our motorcycle rights.

For the time being I'll just rely on my roadside assistance to handle the flat. I got it through my AMA membership ($39/yr).
More expensive than a compressor, but they'll pick up the whole bike - and me- if necessary. Plus American Motorcyclist magazine and a bunch of people fighting for our motorcycle rights.
Progressive offers towing service also, but you may be out there for days (depending on where your at) before they can get someone out to save you. Last time we had an issue was somewhre in deep doo north carolina. Gorgeous scenery, no cell phone coverage, no traffic,.....you get the message.....

Greygoose

^^^ But how long does that take???

I've got a sticky string plug kit and the guts of a 10-dollar Wallyworld compressor, with hyper-accurate dial gauge. OK, the gauge is good within 5 or 8 pounds. But the compressor pumps air, and it fits under the back of the seat, right in front of the taillights. I've wired mine into the fuse box I have under the seat, so I pull it out, turn on its switch, and fill up the plugged tire.

You can't just set it on the ground with the guts all exposed, but the dial gauge makes a nice handle, if nothing else.

I have the airman c60a compressor. I have a Optimate 3 charger point on the bike, so I fitted the charger plug to the compressor lead. This allows direct connection to the battery with a fuse for protection. My tests indicate that the airman consumes 4.5 amps whilst working (peak at 5.5amps when starting). Fits easily under the seat. Cost £9 =$15

Andy

I have the $10 Campbell Hausfield (sp) pump from Wally World. Plastic stripped off, fan trimmed off, leather boot lace attached. I've helped maybe a dozen folks with it and it's still going strong. Not the fastest or prettiest, but c'mon, TEN BUCKS! I did toss on a powerlet plug since I have two ports on the D panel.

I don't see the point in spending tire money on an air pump when there is a proven alternative for cheap. Just my two cents.

I have used the Aerostitch min Air pump $49 or 47 for a little over 2 yrs.

Use it on a car tire 2times and to bring my tires to top off many times.

No problems.

Ready to go. 40 beans. Got one a couple years ago-he does a nice job with it.

Ebay pump

basickit.jpg

https://motopumps.com/ Great pump! Can run all day and not heat up. Great people to deal with, I ordered mine online and became concerned when the mail slowed down the arrival in time for a trip? I phoned about shipment and was told if my order didn't arrive within a day or two they would courier another pump to me. Of course it showed up the next day?

just remmeber the stock fuse cigarette lighter won't be enough. You'll need a fused socket right off the battery, as i found out.