Mini Air Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carry a car size pump now, but I did see that Slime has a new unit at Wal-Mart that is 3" x 3.5" mini "Top Off" pump.

Supposed to pump a tire in 14 minutes.

I am looking to reduce the weight of the stuff I carry now as tools.

I've been carrying the $10 Home Depot Husky unit on trips for a couple of years and it must work cuz I haven't had a flat. :rolleyes: Yet.
Question for all youse who have used a mini-compressor: do you run the m-c motor to charge the battery while using the pump? Will the m-c generate enough juice at idle to keep the battery up? Or will the battery support 5 to 10 minutes of pumping?

BTW, I still carry 3 CO2 cartridges just in case. Like condoms, you never know.

pete
The two times I've used my slime pump I was on my old BMW K1100LT and I ran the motor just to be on the safe side. The battery on the BMW is about twice the size of the one on the FJR so if I need the compressor, I will run the motor. The idea of creating one problem while trying to fix another would make for a terrible day.

Okie

0de74e3e.jpg

Just picked up this one today . Should fit under the seat and work off the powerlet plug. 10 bucks . Not bad.

0de74e3e.jpg

Just picked up this one today . Should fit under the seat and work off the powerlet plug. 10 bucks . Not bad.
You're not gonna run that off the plug in your glovebox are you? If you have another plug somewhere on your bike and I'm making stupid assumptions, then nevermind. IF you are gonna run it off your glovebox plug, you might wanna search that before you do it.

You're not gonna run that off the plug in your glovebox are you? If you have another plug somewhere on your bike and I'm making stupid assumptions, then nevermind. IF you are gonna run it off your glovebox plug, you might wanna search that before you do it.
Or do like you an just shove a hose up yer ass....

:finger:

:jester:

Or do like you an just shove a hose up yer ass....

:finger:

:jester:
Um...Why? Are you hungry again?