Mirror Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsilver99

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is any way to change the lock-in point at which the mirrors 'click' into place when extended. If possible I'd like to adjust that slightly so that the mirror can point outward a bit more.

thanks,

yup...you will need to disable the fold in function...remove the mirror...take out the metal plate....note how the cone washers which provide the spring tension come out....reassemble with the plate left out and the washers "nested"...that is with them one inside the other..you will need to add a few flat washers to make up for the lost space..Now you can tighten the mirror bolt with the mirror in any position..

as you said, with the mirrors further out you get a much better view behind...no elbows..

Yep, did my '06

get a Dremel with a small grinding ball and make 3 new recesses for the new position. It will be just a mm or two from the existing so go slow. I would work over a white sheet as these bb's fly. They can still fold in when needed. You can now see behind your shoulders! I also have extenders from SW-MOTECH. Guess the factory engineer had narrow shoulders ;) .

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Clintster11" data-cid="1369230" data-time="1498009336"><p>

will these fit on a Gen 2 2006?</p></blockquote>

Yes, absolutely. I have them on my 06. Love them.

Be certain to get the genuine Yamaha item and not

the junk Emgo brand. You'll only cry once.

And when you see the view for the first time you'll

wonder why you waited so long.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Clintster11" data-cid="1369230" data-time="1498009336"><p>will these fit on a Gen 2 2006?</p></blockquote>

Yes, absolutely. I have them on my 06. Love them.

Be certain to get the genuine Yamaha item and not

the junk Emgo brand. You'll only cry once.

And when you see the view for the first time you'll

wonder why you waited so long.
BIG improvement!

I did but the Emgo ones and they are ..just OK.. but the Yammy ones are better.