Mirrors for '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paste007

Reaction score
It appears that the '06 has a different mirror set up than previous years. Has anyone tried replacing them with wider set mirrors that will provide a rear view for those of us who are not built like a pencil?

It appears that the '06 has a different mirror set up than previous years. Has anyone tried replacing them with wider set mirrors that will provide a rear view for those of us who are not built like a pencil?
Dude!,

Did you have an 05 or earlier? on those you looked dead at your nipples! The 06's are an improvement....unless you play left tackle for the Bears. :)

RR

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be very wide, can't see how wider mirrors on the 06 would be required unless your pulling a trailer! :lol:

I was hoping the '06 mirrors would get favorable reviews. I would love to have a set adapted to my '05.

Well, I took a ride n Wonky this morning, and tested a couple of small 2" convex stick on mirrors - and I can now see behind me.

I was having some real visibility problems with just the stock mirrors - I had them adjusted out to the limits - and there were some serious blind spots. And while I really like my Hi-Viz Roadcrafter, it gets a bit boring when it's all you can see in your mirrors. And, NO, I'm not built like a pencil. I just have really broad, manly shoulders - (flex, flex) :blink: I won't tell ya about the other parts. :D

I would suggest that anyone needing additional rearward vision give these a try - I bought these at Target for $4.00 each - and you can get them at most car washes, Autozones, PepBoys, probably Wally World, etc.

They're cheap, they can be easily removed, and they are effective. Probably one of the cheapest safety farkles you can buy.

68378250-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: