MN Tech Day 4/22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It's time for that beginning-of-the-riding season tech day. I'd like to say by the time 4/22 rolls around that snow will be a distant memory, but seeing as how this is Minnesota, "distant memory" could be just last week.

The snow will be gone and our winter bike storage cobwebs brushed off, it'll be time to get together and fine tune tinker with our bikes for the upcoming season. Mostly it'll be time just to hang with friends and BS about our riding plans, or whatever.

Since Old Yeller has been replaced with a Gen III and I've got a ton of work to do on her this winter, I might actually have some experience with this new model Feejer.

Some of the things we've worked on in the past has been tire changes, valve checks, fork rebuilds (Gen I) and cracked plastic repairs. So give a shout if there is any interest in coming.

Subscribed! I have a new Morgan Carbtune and would appreciate some help on doing my first sync. While I'm in there plugs and block off plates wouldn't be a bad idea but the best part would just be getting out and saying Hi.

Location?? Scheduled to be in the Smokies, but if not, ...
When it gets closer to the date and it looks like you'll be making it, PM me for an address then.

Riding the Smokies though sounds like, well you know, a smokin' deal.
smile.png

edit: Nowthen is about 30 miles NW of the TCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
NBB PM'ed me and he's in for a valve clearance check.

BTW guys, I'm up for suggestions for food n drinks. I'll start it off by saying shrimp on the grill again.

It's on the calendar Mike.
Thanks!
smile.png
Fantastic Tanker!

Always good to see you and the others swing by for the day.
smile.png

And if there are any new forum members in the area that would like come by, you're quite welcome to it. Just PM me closer to the date when you know you'd be wanting to come by and I'll send you the address.

Old/New owner here. Had an '05 a few years ago and just picked up a 16. I'm in Elk River. I may be interested in stopping by more to see how you guys are all outfitted than an actual work day.

There's a good chance I'll stop by for a while. I may not be riding. Had a new medical situation that has me grounded for an undetermined amount of time. I have to get cleared by the doctors before I get back on the bike. Ski season for me is also over.

Old/New owner here. Had an '05 a few years ago and just picked up a 16. I'm in Elk River. I may be interested in stopping by more to see how you guys are all outfitted than an actual work day.
Well most of us are either new or old owners of FJRs, but mostly we're just OLD owners. lol

Would be great to have you swing by. Let me know if you need an address.

There's a good chance I'll stop by for a while. I may not be riding. Had a new medical situation that has me grounded for an undetermined amount of time. I have to get cleared by the doctors before I get back on the bike. Ski season for me is also over.
Don't much matter what you use to get here Jim. Kinda missed seeing you last year. It'll be good for us to see you again.

Thanks for hosting this again. I am planning on attending. Bill
No valve checks this year Bill? I think I got by last year by the skin of my teeth getting your's done on time last year. lol

I really hope to be there. You and the wifey put on an impressive time. I could go just because of the garage envy!
Hope to see you there.

mr.paul
I hope to see you too Paul. Always an enjoyable time.

I'll have to try and get the city to come again to sweep up the sand off our road here. Always got be so darn careful on the last curve when it's so loaded with sand.

Tripper, do you have a tire changing setup...?My old tire change buddy moved away.
Valetz, we have changed tires over the years during tech day. I just use spoons. Swing by at tech day and we'll get you squared away, or another day if you need new tires sooner.

TM, I will not be needing to perform that valve check on Blue after all.