MN Tech Day 4/22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a great day guys, can't make this one. Hope to meet you guys soon though.

Say are there local rides or anything posted anywhere?? Thanks!

Have a great day guys, can't make this one. Hope to meet you guys soon though. Say are there local rides or anything posted anywhere?? Thanks!
Just keep an eye on this Midwest section. Usually someone will post that they'll be heading out for a ride an extend an invite to others. Have fun down south.

What time does all the wrenching start?
Folks start trickling in at around 9ish if they have something they'd like to get worked on. If they don't need to do any wrenching, then mostly between 10 and 11.

It doesn't look as though too many have any wrenching needs this year. Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday. Weather forecast is promising again this year.

As for food, we have brats and shrimp for the barbie, a fruit salad and chips along with some liquid refreshments. If anyone would like bring a favorite food of their's to share, you are quite welcomed to do so.

Mike, I only know how to bake my Supermom's cookies and doughnuts.... which would you prefer?

Also, I hope to swap out my TPS w/ a new one. Do you have an offset (short) T25 security Torx wrench? Or should I go get one?

Many thanks to the best host in the west!

Mike, I only know how to bake my Supermom's cookies and doughnuts.... which would you prefer?
Also, I hope to swap out my TPS w/ a new one. Do you have an offset (short) T25 security Torx wrench? Or should I go get one?

Many thanks to the best host in the west!
Let me check on that torx wrench Roger. I'll get back to you.

What flavor of cookie??? Me loves cooookies.

I would like to go to this tech day sometime Mike.
AurbunFJR's tech days are always a blast and I'm not saying that because of Marissa's pies.
If you were to come out for it Dave, I would personally bake you a pie.
rolleyes.gif
But I'm not saying it would be edible though.

OK, this is on the calendar and I will be there. I am back on the bike and have been riding for the last three weeks. Actually, I told my main doctor I'm not going to stop riding. Life on blood thinners is a drag, but it beats the alternative. I know the risks and my assume the responsibility. Yes, one major head trauma and it's check out time, but as my doctor said, that can happen from anything. It's great to be on the FJR again. It's the best therapy around. I could of bought a new ES model for less than the last hospital stay. Thank goodness for good health insurance.

I won't need any work on the FJR. I cleaned the clutch switch on Monday and everything works like it should. Those thing can sure get dirty.

I had you penciled in as the main event in the octagon for right after lunch Jim. I guess that's out then.

Glad you'll be able to make big guy, and on a bike no less. I agree about how the bike can be therapeutic. I know it's a huge stress reliever for myself.

Not a lot of folks thinking about doing stuff to their bikes this year. However if anyone is any good at electrical stuff, I might need a hand on my bike. For some reason this Gen III bike has me intimidated.

Hey Mike,

It looks like I'm not going to make it over on Saturday. Heading up north to look at some property.

I won't even mention for everyone to have fun, that's already a given for this event every year at Mike's place.
punk.gif

I may bring up my fork oil level tool and get my fork oil change out of the way...that will be a new maintenance item most have never seen up there...

Mike, I got the T25 torx insert. I also got a new horn to install (if we have time).
CU Saturday, Roger
New horns! Can you hear me now?!

I'll be all eyes as I watch you put that baby on.

I may bring up my fork oil level tool and get my fork oil change out of the way...that will be a new maintenance item most have never seen up there...
Early on we did a couple of forks. But it's good to have one or two of those to do every year.

Can you bring an empty container with you for your used fork oil? I still have to find time to throw away my own used oil. lol

Up near Brainerd / Cross Lake Area.

Retirement is on my mind, at least in preparation of it anyway.

Hope to see you on the road this summer.

Have a fun day... I know you will.

Mike, It was a great day and pleasure to see all that attended. After watching a new bike go down "ouch" parked on soft ground I ordered a Wynpro "Flat Foot" for the kick stand. Food was great as usual! It was helpful to try the Sargent seat and also sit on Brian's Laam seat. I think I am going with the Laam, but I have one major problem. On the form to order the seat, Laam asks the weight of the passenger. I sure as hell am not going to ask my wife that question.

Thanks again,

Bill