MN Tech Day 4/28

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for hosting Mike! Food and conversation was great.
So Mike can change his own tires, but since I brought the Nomar we used that... the only tire that it changed yesterday. I get a txt about noon today from Mike stating look who finally showed up... a pic of Valetz with 4 wheels and 4 fresh tires! They used the caveman method
rolleyes.gif
I attended a few years ago and was very impressed with the caveman method of changing tires but I think I will stick to my No-Mar tire changer.

NoMar, Caveman....it's all good. I'm just glad he showed up. It turns out that changing 4 tires is perfect medicine for loosening up a stiff back from the previous day's activities.

So Tech Day Weekend is a wrap! Thanks to all of you for showing up. Though not a lot of wrenching went on, there was no shortage of good conversation and laughter. For myself, it's a wonderful way to kick off the riding season.

Just returned to the form from 2004, had my mule for a lot of years still love it. I see I just missed the Tech day an I really needed it.

Will go to the Tech help an see if I can fix my old Mule.

My internal clock is off. I the last couple of years I've gone looking for this thread only to find that it happened the previous weekend.

My internal clock is off. I the last couple of years I've gone looking for this thread only to find that it happened the previous weekend.
Take a cue from Valtez... Just show up with whatever you need done whenever and Mike will help.
Why do I get this quesy feeling this risks tearing off the lid to Pandora's box?

Everything in moderation. lol

NoMar, Caveman....
For myself, it's a wonderful way to kick off the riding season.
I know it's a couple weeks after the official tech day, that I sadly was not able to attend, but is there a possibility of getting some assistance with tire changes and balance?

I know it's a couple weeks after the official tech day, that I sadly was not able to attend, but is there a possibility of getting some assistance with tire changes and balance?
You know that's so funny you should ask NBB, coincidentally I have a mini tech day morning scheduled for this Saturday.

Tire changes, fork oil changes and other general maintenance stuff on the schedule. Currently I am the only one who has said he's showing up, so you are more than welcomed to come by.

Aerostich is having an open house on Saturday, so if we can get done soon enough, I'd like to go. Or there's Sunday afternoon if that works better for you.

Hi all, new FJR owner here in the twin cities. Picked my new to me 2016 just 3 weeks ago. Love it. Just curious, is there any more of these "tech" days coming up? Love the idea. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Maher.

Other than the mid-April tech day, there is no other during the rest of the year. Occasionally someone may post up about a ride that they are going on and extend an invite for others to join in, but that's about it. We're a pretty laid back crowd around here. However if there's anything you need a hand with on your FJR, ask and more often than not, you shall receive.

As for when this particular tech day will be hosted again, keep an eye open on this section. I'll post around the beginning of the year as to what the date will be. It's always a good thing to meet a new face.