MN Tech Day 4/28

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It's a new year and it's time to start planning rides n gatherings.

In what has fast become one of my favorite pastimes in a riding season is hosting Tech Day. The amount of wrenching we do varies from year to year, but what never changes is the camaraderie we share as riders. Stories of trips past will be shared, and most likely exaggerated, and plans for the upcoming riding season discussed.

As for wrenching we've tackled TBSs, tire changes, front fork upgrades, valve checks, etc. Just let me know what it is you'd like to get done and either I or some of those who've been here in the past will let you know what you may need to bring.

Food. Oh yeah, and there will be food. I'm not above bribing. The menu has not been decided at this early stage, so suggestions are welcomed.

Whether you've attended in the past or not, all are welcomed. If you are new to this shindig and need an address, PM me. We're located just a hop, skip and a jump NW of the Twin Cities.

See ya folks in April.

Yep, will let the autopilot find the way. Thanks M & J

Yep, will let the autopilot find the way. Thanks M & J
Awesome! Our resident TBS expert just chimed in and committed to show up.
smile.png

See ya then Ken

I know I threaten to come every year and I've only made it once with the 999 in the back of the pickup but I'm going to say I'm going to try to make it again this year. The FJR could use a TBS and some lessons on how to use my new Carbtune pro 4, block off plates installed, and some new sparkers while I have it open.

Will be looking forward to having you over again Kevin.

Just bear in mind, most of the yapping will focus primarily around bikes n riding. Most of us are still working stiffs, so any talk about the luxuries of retirement will be at your own peril.

Hmmm, maybe a day at ZARS the day before might be in order. It's been several years since I've gone. What say ye folks?

Edit: that is if ZARS has a Friday afternoon session the day before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be looking forward to having you over again Kevin.
Just bear in mind, most of the yapping will focus primarily around bikes n riding. Most of us are still working stiffs, so any talk about the luxuries of retirement will be at your own peril.

Hmmm, maybe a day at ZARS the day before might be in order. It's been several years since I've gone. What say ye folks?

Edit: that is if ZARS has a Friday afternoon session the day before.
No luck on a Friday night ZARS session as the first Friday night at ZARS is May 18th. They just released their schedule this week. I need to get back there and rebuild some cornering confidence since I didn't see enough curves last year.

https://www.ridezars.com

I am moving to Indianapolis for a job change so I won't be participating any more. They have very beneficial and enjoyable in the past.

I am moving to Indianapolis for a job change so I won't be participating any more. They have very beneficial and enjoyable in the past.
Well we certainly hope all goes well for you in Indy, and glad you were able be a part of this in the past.

See you on the road someday.

I'm in... to see the Host with the most...

Space

Friends

Miles

Tools

BBQ...

I plan to attend. Thanks for continuing this great event Mike!
As I stated earlier, we enjoy having you guys drop by. Glad you'll be able to make it again.
smile.png

I'm in... to see the Host with the most...
Space

Friends

Miles

Tools

BBQ...
I don't know about the "most", but I'm content. And so far I haven't effed up the BBQ yet. lol

I think the boy will be preparing his residence for his internship this summer in Iowa. He scored a paid internship as a freshman engineering student. I think his invention and patent got his foot in the door as a freshman. Normally they give the paid internships to sophmores and juniors. So, the nest will remain empty this summer. Now, I hope it leads to gainfull employment at the end of his senior year! If he is around I'll drag him along.