MN Tech Day 4/28

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

This is a wonderful annual event and I am planning on attending. The problem with coming to this event is each year is that I see something on someone's bike and or they have done something that I think I need to do. The result last year was a custom seat from Laam, (wonderful; and reflected on why it took me so long); an I phone holder on the handle bars and a chain tightener change (bitch to do on a 2005). A lot of this is a result of becoming friends with Bryan from St. Michael. Thanks again for the loan of a seat while mine was being made!

Bill

Mike,This is a wonderful annual event and I am planning on attending. The problem with coming to this event is each year is that I see something on someone's bike and or they have done something that I think I need to do. The result last year was a custom seat from Laam, (wonderful; and reflected on why it took me so long); an I phone holder on the handle bars and a chain tightener change (bitch to do on a 2005). A lot of this is a result of becoming friends with Bryan from St. Michael. Thanks again for the loan of a seat while mine was being made!

Bill
It was pleasure Bill, and it'll be good to see you again.

BTW, I've got some empty bottles for you. So don't forget to bring your bungie straps. lol

I will try to make it this year! (again) It's the only thing on my calendar at the moment!
Well I hope it works out this time valetz. It's a real good group of folks who show up.

I may have to put a bug in a few fellow Strangers' ears to get the hind ends over too.

Mike,

I should be able to make the tech session. Thanks for hosting it again. It's always a good time.

Probably won't need any work on the '14 ES. It's pretty well equipped already. I even have a MN license plate on it now. No more riding with an expired Ohio plate.

Mike you're killing me, to make me decide to open up the lake seasonal spot or come to Tech Day???!!! Big decisions in front of me? Or could I do both?
That is a question you can only answer for yourself grasshoppa.

But it would be good to see you again. I was afraid you had already made your move to the south.

I wished I could make it Mike; I have to work that day, and won't be off till after 3:30 at the earliest....you probably didn't want a honda guy there anyway ;) )

I might be interested in attending. I will be going to SEO and this may just add a bit to the trip.

George

I wished I could make it Mike; I have to work that day, and won't be off till after 3:30 at the earliest....you probably didn't want a honda guy there anyway
wink.png
)
Who knows, maybe work won't last that long on that day. Swing by anyways wallyo, there maybe food left over. Besides, there still may be a few stragglers still hanging out. We kick no one out based on what time it is.

I might be interested in attending. I will be going to SEO and this may just add a bit to the trip.George
Swing on by if time allows. It would be a nice ride home for you going over the top of the Lakes.

If anyone else is still thinking of coming out and needs an address, PM me.

Maybe this'll be the year Mr B? hehe We have the best strawberry/rhubarb pie in MN.

Food recommendations. Anyone have any?

As it stands now, if nobody speaks up, we'll most likely do brats and shrimp on the barbecue again.

I need to check my valves soon (actually past due) so I may save that for tech day. NBB, could you bring your shims? Just in case.

Does anyone know how to check valves for a Super Tenere? I've taken the liberty of extending an invite to this get together to my Team Strange compadres and one of them would like to do a valve check on his S-10.

You think 2 months is enough time for me to de-clutter my shop? Only time will tell. For those who have never been here and need an address and are still thinking of coming out, send me a PM.

I don't know how hard it is to do, but why not have everyone bring a different type of pasta, or Italian dish to pass? We used to call it a spaghetatta. Everyone made different pastas, brought them over, and we ate like kings.

I don't know how hard it is to do, but why not have everyone bring a different type of pasta, or Italian dish to pass? We used to call it a spaghetatta. Everyone made different pastas, brought them over, and we ate like kings.
I was thinking more along the line of finger foods, stuff that can be thrown on the grill.

I was thinking more along the line of finger foods, stuff that can be thrown on the grill.
So are we to think more like the state fair food, as in on a stick AND able to be grilled??? Hi mike
aikido.gif

Well, I don't know how well a pasta dish would hold up on an 11 1/2 hr bike ride from Ohio....
no.gif

But I could always grab a bag of chips on the way in. Lol!

Ha,ha, I think the intent was for the more "local people" to bring the pasta. I think your chips will fit in quite nicely with the "finger food". I plan on making it, but I'll be fashionably late.

Mike, what time do you kick things off/wrap things up? I need to check valves and that just may be an excuse to make the ride down. Anyone know the shim diameter? I have a hot cams kit I had for my old WR400F, but don't know if they're the right diameter. I'll send you a PM for your address.

Mike, what time do you kick things off/wrap things up? I need to check valves and that just may be an excuse to make the ride down. Anyone know the shim diameter? I have a hot cams kit I had for my old WR400F, but don't know if they're the right diameter. I'll send you a PM for your address.
I hope you do make it down. If you do want to check valves, you should plan on arriving no later than 8:00. That'll give the bike time to cool down, especially if we put a fan in front of it. Or if this miserable April winter continues to hang around. You can bring your shim kit if you want and we'll find out if they are the right diameter then. NBB will be bringing his, and maybe another rider as well.

The gathering usually begins to break up around 3ish. Remember to bring along coolant and seals/o-rings.