MN Tech Day - May 12th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TripperMike, My 'maybe' looks like a 'doubtful' for next weekend. I thank you in advance for hosting all these folks, and hope to meet you all next time. HOFM ;)

Too bad it won't work out roger dodger; now we might be short of bull that you were going to bring.

There is always next time. Until then, ride well and be safe.

TripperMike, My 'maybe' looks like a 'doubtful' for next weekend. I thank you in advance for hosting all these folks, and hope to meet you all next time. HOFM ;)
Must be a COG event luring you away! See ya next time on a ride this spring/summer hopefully Roger!

Bloody Mary's sound good ... I've got a new mix recipe to test out.

Must be a COG event luring you away! See ya next time on a ride this spring/summer hopefully Roger!

You should bring it, I'll bring the additives. :)
sounds like a plan, this one was developed by a pair of old ice fishermen I know. Lots of 'field testing.'

If you're going to work on your bike and need tools that you can't supply, post up what you might need (or if you're not sure what you'll need). Then we'll make sure we have it on-hand this Saturday. See you there early I'm going to try to pick up some fork oil and some DOT4.

Couple of tools I do not have: Throttle body sync thingy, but someone said they were bringing theirs. 31mm (?) socket for the steering bearings (might pick one up tomorrow), or the "special" extended tool for getting at the CCT.

Other than that, I have a fairly healthy supply of sockets, wrenches and whatnot. And if we still can't get something off, I have torches and grinders for those parts ;) .

See you all Saturday.

You should bring it, I'll bring the additives. :)
Knucklehead..

Don't be putting Seafoam in the Bloody's! Hoist one fer me Marc, an wind Joe up fer me too! :lol:

The missus and I will make an appearance, but due to lots of things going on that day we'll be in the car and will probably be after 11am ... so get ready to ridicule us!

I'll bring my motion pro sync tool.

I'll bring a second Motion Pro and a Mityvac kit for purging the clutch hydraulic fluid or brake fluid. I'll look around for the 31MM socket (1.22")

Actually the 31mm socket ain't a big deal.. a rag wrapped around the decorative nut, and a pair of large pliers or Channel Locks will more than suffice.

Really guys, it's just a pretty cover for the ugly shit that actually does the job.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a check for the 31mm socket but do not have that size. However I do have 30mm shallow and deep, 32 deep, and the 1 1/4 shallow all in half inch drive. Then there is the 3/4" drive inch stuff as well, which would be a bit of overkill for the "decorative nut".

-K

Arrgggghhh....as I suspected, I have to work tomorrow. Was really looking forward to getting together and taking in all the collective knowledge that I am sure will be flowing.

Youz guyz have a great time and enjoy the beautiful day. Just lay a hand on an FJR throttle in rememberance of those that must carry on and ....whats that four letter word...work.

mr.paul

Alright Paul I will beat on her more than usual for you tomorrow morning.

Hey Mike what time should I look to arrive up there in the Boonies of Nowthen?

Too bad it didn't work out Paul. I'll save a beer some wrenching for you for the next time. As a matter of fact, I'll even leave a brat on the grill for you for the next time. :D

Matt, Foshow is planning on Foshowwing up around 9(ish). If anyone wants to come up earlier, I'm good with that. Not that I'm expecting anyone to be here this early, but I'll be in the shed around 6:30.