Mod to keep AE button shift activated on start up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 213

FJR DarkSider #1
Reaction score
I searched, and searched, and google searched and just couldn't find this. I recall someone figured out how to either keep the AE in button shift mode, or do some wiring mod that allowed the AE to go into button shift mode upon key on w/o the rider going through the normal motions. This came up on another topic and I was unable to find the old thread, despite mucho searching.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I searched, and searched, and google searched and just couldn't find this. I recall someone figured out how to either keep the AE in button shift mode, or do some wiring mod that allowed the AE to go into button shift mode upon key on w/o the rider going through the normal motions. This came up on another topic and I was unable to find the old thread, despite mucho searching.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
In principle, put a relay coil between ignition live and headlight feed, put contacts across shift enable button. This is equivalent to pressing the button from ignition on until the engine fires. You can try the effect manually, I think you will find it would give a perfect result.

I've looked into doing it, but never quite got round to it (too anxious to keep our weather out of the wiring).

NightShine found the thread I had remembered HERE. (Thanks NS)

Has anyone actually made one of the suggested modifications?

Someone actually did make these and offer them for sale. Just in case anyone's watching this thread still, here is a link to the thread that has the info - Link

Someone actually did make these and offer them for sale. Just in case anyone's watching this thread still, here is a link to the thread that has the info - Link
I installed this module on my AE soon after they were available. About 30K miles later, it works beautifully. I don't even remember installing it, so it must have been easy!

I installed this module on my AE soon after they were available. About 30K miles later, it works beautifully. I don't even remember installing it, so it must have been easy!
Hello,

Someone recently requested information from me on these modules. See the thread below.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry635144

I am preparing to make a batch of them and trying to get numbers, so PM me if you would like to order one.

Dan