Modal Number ID

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAPPY JACK

Reaction score
I just bought an 09. I am trying to buy a service manual and can't figure out which modal I have the dang blasted tag under the seat is missing. Its black, standard tranny (no electric clutch). No heated grips. The bars were replaced with helibars and there's a pig tail with a plug and three leds green amber and unknown color that blinks.I checked the threads on vins but got no where! Any help would greatly be apprciated! HAPPY JACK FNG

Welcome Aboard! Try checking out the Bin-O-Facts for GenII ('06+). It should answer a lot of questions. CLICK

Plus, since the Forum's search function isn't that great, when you're looking for something try using a google search like this: Search Term site:fjrforum.com

Have fun and ride safe!

I just bought an 09. I am trying to buy a service manual and can't figure out which modal I have the dang blasted tag under the seat is missing. Its black, standard tranny (no electric clutch). No heated grips. The bars were replaced with helibars and there's a pig tail with a plug and three leds green amber and unknown color that blinks.I checked the threads on vins but got no where! Any help would greatly be apprciated! HAPPY JACK FNG

Your signature says "AE" but you say you don't have the auto clutch - AE is the auto clutch version. I believe the only other option for a USA bike is whether it is a California model or not. MAin difference is a charcoal cannister up front for gas tank vapour recovery. If you have the California model, there is a rubber hose that comes out at the the bottom of the fairing right behind the front wheel. Don't assume you don't have the Cali version just because it originated locally. Mine came from Connecticut and it is a California bike.

Your signature says "AE" but you say you don't have the auto clutch - AE is the auto clutch version. I believe the only other option for a USA bike is whether it is a California model or not. MAin difference is a charcoal cannister up front for gas tank vapour recovery. If you have the California model, there is a rubber hose that comes out at the the bottom of the fairing right behind the front wheel. Don't assume you don't have the Cali version just because it originated locally. Mine came from Connecticut and it is a California bike.
Thanks this takes the AE models # out am left with FJR13AYB & FJR13AYCB do you know the designater for CA model? I assume it wouldbe the later? Thanx for the reply!