Monroe, WA. Monroe Motorsports and Adventure Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
I have to send my personal kudos & recommendations to both of our little town's bike shops:

1. Monroe Motorsports is our local Kawasaki dealer located on West Main Street just off Highway 522. It's a small dealership comparably to most motorcycle dealerships. The owners, brothers Aaron & Nathan & sister Ashley are wonderful people (I've known them since they were all little kids). The whole Adams family are the best. We used to race outboard raceboats in our younger days with the Adams'. Anyway, they have a small yet very experienced & capable service department as well as a knowledgeable parts department (al beit somewhat biased... but in a good way!). I personally highly recommend them.

2. Adventure Motorsports is our local Yamaha & Suzuki dealer located on Tye Street in the Fryeland's industrial area. It's much much larger than Monroe Motorsports encompassing 2 buildings. Scott, I believe, is the owner. To be honest, we had a little rough start/misunderstanding to begin with, however I continue to support them with my FJR, etc. purchases as much as I can. The sales people are friendly... no pressure. The parts department is adequate, & Austin always greets you with a smile. In service, Jenn will always make sure your ride is taken care properly. I just spent about $5000+ in parts & service in the shop, & everything went smoothly. The aftermarket parts installs were done correctly & in a timely matter. They also have a real nice cafe with a variety of food & drinks as well as specials like Taco Thursdays.

I must also add that Adventure Motorsports supports the Yamaha Star club as well as hosting bike nights (music, videos, food & discounts). I really admire Scott & his employees for their dedication to the local community.

Both businesses support the Monroe Chamber of Commerce.

My $0.02.

Ride safely!

Last edited by a moderator:
The service dept at Adventure is very good. Sales is lacking, I would have bought my FJR from them but the impression I got was come "on down and we will give you a deal" no real "I want to sell you a FJR today, with the best deal" subtle, but working in sales I know how to sell a product. The Kawi dealer I went to once and they were pleasant, but they seemed really focused on off road vs street and jet ski type stuff. I really wanted to ride a C-14 and had to go to Bellevue to do it.

I wanted to throw out some kudos to Adventure Motorsports for taking care of the ignition switch recall. Called me to let me know it was happening. Called me when the parts were available. I rode out to schedule an appointment and they said if I could wait they'd do it now - and gave me a voucher for a free burger inside. Came looking for me when it was done (about an hour) and sent me on my way. Didn't try to sell me anything and were very friendly. They don't have to sell me anything now, I will look there first. Customer service means something.

I want to add this:

Yesterday, I was riding around and decided to stop at Adventure Motorsports to pick up an oil filter. I found Scott and asked him if my free service was still valid (Note: A service tech, no longer employed by AM, who'd serviced the feejer really screwed up. For the booboo, he offered a free service. That was over a year ago.). I told Scot that I wouldn't hold him to it because it was so long ago. He still said, "Let's do it."

In addition, he's agreed to sponsor another riders club.

Every one has a dealer story. All my stories have been pretty good so far.

I too, purchased my 2008 FJR from Adventure Motorsports!! Tim kept me informed while I was shopping all my other options at local dealerships. When I was ready, I went in for a test ride. Tim pulled out a bike for me, told me to take my time and off I went. No other dealership in the local area would give me a test ride or offer any type of price break. I was offered what I felt was a great deal and a free meal!! I've been in for my services and just whenever I want to take a ride. Every time I show up at their shop, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. I've been in just to look for farkles and although I purchased nothing, they still pick up my lunch and a cup of joe. They called me when the ignition recall went out and took care of me while I waited. A great shop!! :yahoo:

i purchased my 2007 from A.M. last march they have done a great job with service and contacting me with recalls .

i would highly recomend them. good people!

:yahoo:

What a great dealership,

We went in looking for nothing really, but my wife started to wander looking at the m/c boots. I must admit MrsDabrit has difficulty getting anything anywhere close to fitting ( must be all those years she spent hiking in the cascades and Swiss Alps). Usually after a few fittings the people serving her get fed up and just quit looking, not these guys.

Man, the wife had boxes of boots open, I was waiting for the usual No sorry we don't have any in your size routine, but undeterred he kept the boxes coming. The stores guy was so helpful, and kept smiling to boot (pun there).

She eventually selected some great Alpinestars boots at an already reasonable price, but it got better, when they heard we belonged to the forum they offered us the 25% discount coupon that they had emailed to regular customers. They also honored the $25 gift certificate which was one of the many goodies that Adventure Motorsports had donated to Nieharts pre IMS breakfast draw. So Mrs Dabrit was exceptionally happy. :yahoo:

All round good dealership, very friendly to us FJers.

There was a bit of a downside though, going out I heard that unmistakable sound of a Brit, turns out he's a salesman there , so that was a bit of a plus being able to connect with someone from home. yeah I know we get everywhere.

DB

Last edited by a moderator: