Monterey to Santa Barbara

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew231506

0 Posts Per Day
Reaction score
Should I go down the coast (rt. 1) or take 101?? For some reason my mapping program is discouraging me from going rt 1. along the coast.

Thanks!

EDIT: i got it to work. i think ill go along the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I go down the coast (rt. 1) or take 101?? For some reason my mapping program is discouraging me from going rt 1. along the coast.EDIT: i got it to work. i think ill go along the coast.
CA 1 -- the PCH -- one of the (if not THE?) foremost motorcycling roads in the world. Good you got that mapping program slapped into shape..... :blink:

1 to SLO, then you are back on the 101. Get off at 166 and head east, then turn right on Tepusquet Rd, left on Foxen Canyon, left on 154 and on into Santa Babs. A TWN Four Star Ride. ;)

Gunny that! PCH whenever possible when on a motorcycle!
Unless you're in a hurry and are willing to sacrifice scenery for speed....
....yep, then you just get on I-5 and aim South. It'd be a shame ot miss one of the most scenic coastal roads in the country, even if you only rode it once. It isn't particularly "technical", like some of the Sierra roadways (like Hwy 4) where you must be "on your game", but there are many curves around inlets and over bridges, sea lions on secluded beaches, nudes on even more secluded beaches (J/K) and absolutely breathtaking vistas.

Hmmmm, sounds like I need to go ride Hwy 1 again........

Gunny that! PCH whenever possible when on a motorcycle!
Unless you're in a hurry and are willing to sacrifice scenery for speed....
....yep, then you just get on I-5 and aim South. It'd be a shame ot miss one of the most scenic coastal roads in the country, even if you only rode it once. It isn't particularly "technical", like some of the Sierra roadways (like Hwy 4) where you must be "on your game", but there are many curves around inlets and over bridges, sea lions on secluded beaches, nudes on even more secluded beaches (J/K) and absolutely breathtaking vistas.

Hmmmm, sounds like I need to go ride Hwy 1 again........
Ditto on Hwy 1. Hey Mike, it's time we rode together again and Hwy 1 sounds like a capital idea. After Tuesday, 500 miles sounds like a walk in the park so lemme know. (Sorry for the hijack) Can't remember the name of the restaurant just north of Gorda on Hwy 1, but it's got great food and vistas. If anyone remembers post up as it's a great stop.

[SIZE=12pt]Gunny+4[/SIZE]

(Shit -- I should have quoted the 4 or 5 quotes within quotes to properly express my agreement, but I'm too lazy now.)