Morro Bay Feb 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdolma

Master chef for Kebobs & Hummus extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am putting together a ride to Morro Bay on Saturday 24th of Feb.

This is not an overnighter, but do plan otherwise if you like to. We will be departing from SoCal earlyish to have lunch in Morro Bay and return the same day. Folks from nocal are welcome to meet us.

I will post ride details, places to meet, food the works soon. Weather forecast is partly cloudy and 10% rain. Should be a good day to ride.

4.jpg

I have a meeting place @ 8:00 am Saturday the 24th. We will leave @ 8:30

StarBucks

5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd

Woodland Hills, CA 91367

(818) 340-505

There are a few gas stations around that area.

I will post updates today but please do check the board before leaving. So far we are on schedule with an alternative plan going northbound.

Armand

More to come.

BigD

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! I'll meet you at the 76 station in Ojai! Any chance of taking 58 v. 166? Just a bit further north on 33 and a much more enjoyable ride (read, yeeee-hawwwww!). :)

I may join you on this, so far it's looking like a open weekend... and hwy 1 in the winter is wide open ! B)

You bastards with your kick ass rides on short notice when my brake rotors are screwed up. :angry2:

I love Morro Bay. Be sure to stop by the Morro Bay Brewing Co. Good beer. (if you're into that sorta thing).

Some of the things that I hate about Morro Bay:

morro1.jpg

morro3.jpg

morro2.jpg

Sheeze, what do I own a bike for? I can just sit here and wait for everybody to ride up and have lunch! :fool:

The Bayside Cafe near Morro Bay State Park has killer Fish Tacos and various choices from the sea.

Lemme know your ETA!

from Los Osos,

My first LD ride was exactly this route plus Angeles Crest to the Hi-Dez.

I bought my first street bike in Morro Bay and rode her 400+ miles home through Ojai and everything.

Fond memories of 33, where a few months later on the Beemer I scraped my first peg.

Good times, have a great ride guys!

GZ

Just got an 07 FJR and would love to exercise the beast. Where and what time would you meet in Moorpark. I will be coming up from Hermosa Beach.

You bastards with your kick ass rides on short notice when my ..... :angry2:
...wheels are off and I need to rebuild my left fork and do the tapered steering bearing thing, before mounting tires and being ready for riding season.

I hope it rains! :fuck:

Ok, this is what the socal trip looks like based on TWN recommendation

4.jpg

I have a meeting place @ 8:00 am Saturday the 24th. We will leave @ 8:30

StarBucks

5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd

Woodland Hills, CA 91367

(818) 340-505

Another meeting point @ 8:45

Union 76 exit 87 off the 101

4401 Via Real

Carpinteria, CA 93013

(805) 684-7676

The waypoints on the map are for "routing" purposes only and not for scheduled stops.

Morro Bay lunch will be between 12:30 , 1:00. No reservations required. Good parking, no gravel ;)

Great American Fish Co.

(805) 772-4407

1185 Embarcadero

Morro Bay, CA 93442

• Seafood and Steak

More to come...

BigD

Morro Bay lunch will be between 12:30 , 1:00. No reservations required. Good parking, no gravel ;)
Great American Fish Co.

(805) 772-4407

1185 Embarcadero

Morro Bay, CA 93442

• Seafood and Steak
DAMN YOU ALL!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

What if we show up in the cage?

MVC-016S.jpg

Hey, I might join you too! Friday night in HB, Babarus's place for a Smitty install. If you see me in Moorpark you know I'm in!

I'm in. Any other NorCal riders? Where should we meet Dave? EDIT:

Dave, do you want to meet up somewhere on the way down?

Since Bob is posting pics from the last trip...here's a shot of Morro from CA 1

DSC04336.jpg

What time do you anticipate hitting Maricopa?

I've got some work to do on Saturday, but I might try to meet up in Maricopa and partake in the excursion over 58 to the coast, which is a marvelous ride.

Thanks.

Paste.

What time do you anticipate hitting Maricopa?
I've got some work to do on Saturday, but I might try to meet up in Maricopa and partake in the excursion over 58 to the coast, which is a marvelous ride.

Thanks.

Paste.
If you guys are taking 58, you might try a short, but very worthwhile diversion and take 229 to 41 from 58 near Santa Margarita. That road might just be the best motorcycle road in the world. Actually...just ride up 229 to Creston then turn around and do it again the other way. Twice still isn't good enough, but well worth the time!!!

Two notes:

1) The Amgen Tour of California bicycle race is Saturday through the area. 150 will be closed to Hwy 126 from 1000h til??? You should be well through that area by 1000h.

2) With rain Thursday and Friday, the top of 33 on the north side could be icy. A call to the CHP before you jump onto Hwy 150 @ the 126 might be wise. If icy, you can divert to the 5N or double back to 101 where I could lead you through Santa Ynez Valley and northward.

If all goes to the latest plan by BigD, I'll plan on meeting you in Ojai, at the 76 station @ 150 and 33 at 0830.

I may join you on this, so far it's looking like a open weekend... and hwy 1 in the winter is wide open ! B)
Aye Say there Highlander, I have a notion to ride up "The One" as far as Gorda on Satruday before the lunch in Morro Bay. I've ridden 58 a few times lately, so me thinks a trip north is in order. I could meet you in Gorda, if you give me a window of time when you might be blasting past! <_<