Morro Bay Feb 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paging Dr. BigD, Dr. BigD... to the planning room, stat! I wholly recommend that 33 be avoided Saturday. It's gonna be icy on the north side.
Good call TWN, I looked outside and its just beautiful. But the snow level is quite low.

I have made an alternate plan below.

4.jpg

I have a meeting place @ 8:00 am Saturday the 24th. We will leave @ 8:30

StarBucks

5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd

Woodland Hills, CA 91367

(818) 340-505

There are a few gas stations around that area.

I will post updates today but please do check the board before leaving. So far we are on schedule with an alternative plan going northbound.

Armand

Okie-dokie! I'll meet you at the gas station just off the I5 Parker Rd/Castaic exit (176A, I think). Say, 0900ish hours? Effjay, pick you up at the Burger King on 126 0830h +/-?

Paste, Same location, prolly same time: 0945 - 1015h.

Grape Vine will likely be windy, outside of that, ride should rock!

It's more fun to go to Morro Bay from the North. You guys should ride up to Orangevale tonight and ride down with me tomorrow. :lol: :huh: :lol:

What? I'm dyslexic - the numbers look fine to me... :blink: Ok, I'll meet you at Santa Monica Ave Exit (#87) off the 101 in Carp @ 0845h.

Effjay?

Paste, yer on yer own, buddy.

As an FYI, I'll prolly run the 58 leg, down to the 33, back to 166 and call CHP for a 33 report. If ng, I'll 166 it to Tepusquet/Foxen/154 to home.

What? I'm dyslexic - the numbers look fine to me... :blink: Ok, I'll meet you at Santa Monica Ave Exit (#87) off the 101 in Carp @ 0845h.
Effjay?

Paste, yer on yer own, buddy.

As an FYI, I'll prolly run the 58 leg, down to the 33, back to 166 and call CHP for a 33 report. If ng, I'll 166 it to Tepusquet/Foxen/154 to home.
excellent...I think we are good...I may even join you for 166..that will extend our ride a few hours longer but WHO CARES!! :assassin:

Good stuff!

armand

yes of course, I asked the manager to set the table for about 15. I can call as early as 10:30 tomorrow to add/remove as required. Nice folks.

reservation is under armand.

Geeze ...no excuses from you south guys on road conditions.

...came over the hill from Reno ......pics are too big to post and I don't have editing capabilities with me but if you want to see them --go here in their large scale :

https://goraiders.org/bike/temp/0702morro/

(you'll need to click on each link independently.

pics of the quad are me at my buddies in pollock pines

OrangevaleFJR. ...i'm in Pollock Pines, heading out early tomorrow am ...if you want to ride together let me know. PM'ing you my cel phone

EDIT ....my phone just now showed your message(which you left prior to my original post here).

....got it ...not positive of my route from pollock but hope to stay with the original plan ...see ya in Morro! .....

ToeCutter: I have your part, ..picked it up from Mr. Bob in Reno today. Staying in Pollock tonight so won't see you in Clovis ..see ya in Morro.

...renojohn

Last edited by a moderator:
...came over the hill from Reno ......pics are too big to post and I don't have editing capabilities with me but if you want to see them --go here in their large scale :

OrangevaleFJR. ...i'm in Pollock Pines, heading out early tomorrow am ...if you want to ride together let me know. PM'ing you my cel phone

ToeCutter: I have your part, ..picked it up from Mr. Bob in Reno today.

...renojohn
John...awesome pics!!! Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing...tell us more tomorrow.

ToeCutter: I have your part, ..picked it up from Mr. Bob in Reno today.

...renojohn

Man you got to want to ride bad to ride in that. You got studs in your tires?

You got studs in your tires?
No, but he's got one in the saddle.

This guy thinks you're crazy

b9.jpg

So did my dad. Judging by the lack of ABS on your bike, I'm kinda wonderin' myself.

Glad you made it. See you tomorrow, in Morro...

Riders from L.A. area beware of the BICYCLE TOUR OF CA; leaving Santa Baraba going to OJAI to Santa Clarita

ROADS maybe closed! WEATHER here is cool & Clear!!

I'm in, the driveway dried up enough....I just need to slip / slide down 500 feet and motor across 100' muddy azz driveway and I'm good to go ! C ya in Morro! B)

I am going to be at Black Bear cafe in Carmel at 9am. Shooting to meet Khuna at Gorda (1 hour from Carmel) at 11am. So we have to be done with breakfast around 10ish. If we leave late, we just have to grind more peg metal.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Riders from L.A. area beware of the BICYCLE TOUR OF CA; leaving Santa Baraba going to OJAI to Santa ClaritaROADS maybe closed! WEATHER here is cool & Clear!!
Nope, just Cabrillo, frontage roads and 150. 101 is clear.

Change of bikes for the Nut. I'll be on the Feej. Wabs is parked due to defective oil filer. Lessee, 9 bucks for the filter, 17 for the oil, 20 for the speedy dry... Dealer ain't gonna wanna see me Sunday.

Riders from L.A. area beware of the BICYCLE TOUR OF CA; leaving Santa Baraba going to OJAI to Santa ClaritaROADS maybe closed! WEATHER here is cool & Clear!!
Nope, just Cabrillo, frontage roads and 150. 101 is clear.

Change of bikes for the Nut. I'll be on the Feej. Wabs is parked due to defective oil filer. Lessee, 9 bucks for the filter, 17 for the oil, 20 for the speedy dry... Dealer ain't gonna wanna see me Sunday.
Good. I wasn't emotionally ready to see you on a DL yet anyway.

Uh...I mean: Bastage defective oil thingy!

Latest posts