Morro Bay Feb 24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change of bikes for the Nut. I'll be on the Feej. Wabs is parked due to defective oil filer. Lessee, 9 bucks for the filter, 17 for the oil, 20 for the speedy dry... Dealer ain't gonna wanna see me Sunday.
TWN, you and me both with pre-ride prep issues (except mine was less messy). I noticed FJR's radiator bottle was down to the "min" level, so proceeded to access and top off. Well, a simple thing led to loss of hardware (t-bushing insert) and misalignment on reassembly. It took far too long and expletives, but all is well now.

It seems no one else is leaving from Ventu County, so I'll meet you in Carp rather than try to "catch" BigD and Company on the fly as they pass through Camarillo. Armand's post stated roll-away from the WH 'Bucks at 8:30... that's prox 60 miles to Carp. I doubt they will be there at 8:45 AM.

Route for me will be prox 400 miles, but much longer for those coming from further south. An earlier start as per original plan would have been better. Hope everyone brings a clear shield for darkness and layers of moto-duds!

Effjay

Is the meet at Starbucks on Topanga still happening at 8 AM?
Yes thats correct

StarBucks @ 8, leave @ 8:30

5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd

Woodland Hills, CA 91367

(818) 340-505

Second meeting point @ 8:45sh to depart a little later.

Union 76 exit 87 off the 101

4401 Via Real

Carpinteria, CA 93013

(805) 684-7676

Armand

It seems no one else is leaving from Ventu County, so I'll meet you in Carp rather than try to "catch" BigD and Company on the fly as they pass through Camarillo. Armand's post stated roll-away from the WH 'Bucks at 8:30... that's prox 60 miles to Carp. I doubt they will be there at 8:45 AM.
Route for me will be prox 400 miles, but much longer for those coming from further south. An earlier start as per original plan would have been better. Hope everyone brings a clear shield for darkness and layers of moto-duds!

Effjay
Leaving 8:30 from 5 Bucks coffee to the Union 76 in Carp is about 45 min on Mappoint minivan m/h. So will try to make it there by 9:00 to 9:15.

Route will be minimum 400 miles RT for the socals. It will be chilly fa shizle :D

Has anyone counted the # of riders showing up in Morro Bay tomorrow?

Me and Highlander are meeting Robert in Carmel and riding down to meet Khunajawdge in Gorda on the way...therefore 4 coming from the North.

Me and Highlander are meeting Robert in Carmel and riding down to meet Khunajawdge in Gorda on the way...therefore 4 coming from the North.
I went and did it:

South Group:

BigD

twn

Glenn

Dcarver

Paste007

beeline

Effjay

TC cage

bluestreak-1

North:

RenoJohn

OrangevaleFJR

HIGHLANDER

Khunajawdge

Robert

I went and did it:

South Group:

BigD

twn

Glenn

Dcarver

Paste007

beeline

Effjay

TC cage

bluestreak-1

North:

RenoJohn

OrangevaleFJR

HIGHLANDER

Khunajawdge

Robert
YA BABY.... :yahoo: We gonna have us sum fun... :yahoo:

Thanks you Armand for organizing our ride yesterday and to you and Tim for co-leading ("lead, follow or get out of the way" - I prefer to follow in group rides). It was a beautiful day for riding with evidence of Spring emerging everywhere. My ride was just 395 miles but I was ready to get off at day's end. As I completed my loop in darkness through Grimes Canyon, I could almost hear whistling of narrow high pressure bicycle tires as I traced in reverse the path of Tour of California racers several hours before. I'm glad I remembered to record yesterday's 2 hour coverage since the entire Stage 6 was local turf - Hwy 150, Casitas Pass, Dennison Grade, South Mtn Rd, Balcom Canyon, Grimes Canyon, Guiberson Rd and on towards Santa Clarita. A very enjoyable way to cap off a great day of riding with moto-buds!

Effjay

Big Thanks to all, for the chance to put faces to names/names! Wow, what an amazing day, and my first run with other FJR's! It really showcases the ability and range of this machine, to do a ride like that! Thanks Armand, again, and everyone one else for making me welcome and letting me come along!!!