Most HATED Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radiummadman said
as rogdeb said Laminar Lip, not only did it not seem to work it caused so much break dancing of my windshield I thought it would tear
the screen out of the bolts. The dancing was too much action for me
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention the "windshield dance"
Υea,i have the same ''windshield dance'' but,except that we are really happy with the result!Like the most farkles,in some they work and in some others they don't..
smile.png

Highway pegs !!! Did not really allow you to stretch out the legs for relief on those long rides. Never could get the right torque on the bolts. Hard to deploy with just a flip of the boot or would come down on their own without warning. I got my pant leg caught on one at a red light and almost went down. Gone but not forgotten !!!

Funny. I've been using a Throttle Rocker (original design, no velcro) for almost 20 years on both my FJ and my FJR. Hate to ride without it and have had no issues with them. As usual...diffetent strokes....

<br />

But with all my thinking about this related stuff, I just remembered the VERY WORST farkle ever, so bad I just threw the SOB away--the "Wrist Rocker" (sold under many names), those paddle-looking rests where the weight of your hand holds the speed. Except they have this unnerving tendency to give the throttle a surprise "blip" when you least expect it, maybe shooting you into an intersection or some other ugly scenario. Absolutely <strong class='bbc'>DANGEROUS</strong>. There are several threads about these demonic pieces of crap, but I hope you never are tempted to try one. </p></blockquote>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those throttle rocker things. Still in the package. It's probably not high on my list of favorites because I always seem to forget it at home when I take a trip.

I have a Crampbuster and I love the thing. Great for relaxing the throttle hand while cruising on the slab when the cruise control just isn't necessary...I have both.

Like all the stuff here, it's a lot of personal preference (more than one item appears on both the "Best Loved" and "Most Hated" lists), but I found the link to a more complete discussion of the Throttle Rocker/Crampbuster "issue" from a while back. Even if you love yours, it's not a bad idea to know what "can" happen with them.

Thanks for the information. I have been using the same Crampbuster on the last three bikes that I have owned and never have had an issue. I guess I'm just aware of it.

Four: Throttle Rocker, went in the garbage I think; Corbin seat (designed by the Marquis De Sade), traded to a guy selling a bike with a Russell; Airhawk pneumatic seat pad, went with the Corbin, and finally, Beowulf aftermarket cans, sold to a Forum member who probably enjoys them, but I couldn't stand (nor could my wife) that bellowing drone under throttle at 3-4,500 RPM, went back to stock. Then, of course, there are certain tires... Yes, it is mostly a matter of personal taste.

Oh goodness, the Corbin seat. I've sold two of those, one FZ1 and one FJR, and both times I really felt crappy asking for money for a concrete seat, but was happy to see both leave my garage. I can't tell you how happy I was when the original owner of my FJR came back on the forum and PM'd me and said "Hey, I forgot I have the stock seats in a box in my attic, swing by and I'll give them to you."

Never added a farkle I did not like. Why would you invest in something you do not like? It pays to read reviews!! There are a few things Yamaha puts on the bike I do not like. (Gas Tank decdal, side case reflectors, fairing decals or stickers, fork deflectors).

Never added a farkle I did not like. Why would you invest in something you do not like? It pays to read reviews!! There are a few things Yamaha puts on the bike I do not like. (Gas Tank decdal, side case reflectors, fairing decals or stickers, fork deflectors).
As about the reflectors,only the US models have these on..Unfortunately not the European models.I like them!
rolleyes.gif

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/about-bikes/sport-touring/index.aspx?view=article&id=442654&segment=Sport%20Touring&archive=false&page=1

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/about-bikes/sport-touring/index.aspx?segment=Sport%20Touring&view=article&id=517922

I've got to say, I'm really liking this thread. Once folks spend their hard-earned dough on something, they often tend to defend it, even to themselves. I think that's why when somebody comes on and asks a question like "what's the best windscreen for an FJR," most of the replies come from people recommending the one they have. Human nature, I guess.

But when the question of worst farkle came up, I'm finding the replies a lot more interesting.

Plus it gets people thinking about the stuff they've tossed money at, and often put it away and maybe even suppressed their feelings about it. Who likes to talk about their mistakes? But once they start . . . for example, I thought of another big regret of mine. I bought a full set of Motoport kevlar mesh gear. Well, it's not terribly comfortable, it's not really warm enough in the cold, or cool enough in the heat, but boy, it's protective. So it's definitely not a "hated accessory" of mine. But the liners. Yeh, them I hate. Way overpriced, bulky, and make the already bulky suit even more bulky, still not very warm on cold rides, don't seal up at the wrist, neck or waist worth a damn, and the so-called "waterproof" pant liners--aren't. And who wants to take off their pants to put on liners when a rainstorm is threatening? So yeah, Motoport liners. Not the outer gear, which costs not much more than half of the total price when you get everything. Lots of stuff you already have works way better under--or over--the Motoport.

Starcom communicator. Made me hate talking with the wife so much I wanted to scootch her off the back seat at speed. Sena saved our marriage and possibly her life.
grin.gif
Help me understand this, Brad. Did you hate the Starcom cuz you couldn't hear her, or cuz you could?