Most HATED Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one for you: the driver's peg lowering brackets!! One of many farkles installed by the previous owner, I didn't even realize this was on my bike. I thought it was stock. I'd been scratching my head for 2 months thinking I was dragging pegs early in fast turns because of suspension tuning issues. It finally clicked, looking at a pic of a stock FJR that mine didn't look like that! Not to mention it makes you have to pigeon toe the controls - that took a while to get used to.

On a side note, if any of you tall old farts wants to buy them, PM me. They are Motorcycle Larry's, still look very clean, came off an '08 and will include hardware and fresh cotter pins. Make an offer!

Grip Buddies.
bad.gif
Yeah, Grip Buddies. Friggin things started crumbling away after about 200 miles, supplier said 3 months was average life!! WTF.Gotta buy 4 sets a year??? Eff that.

Bought two sets of unknown origin foam grips off a kind forumite who was selling a bunch a couple of years ago.

Still got the first pair on, working great for me.
You you guys sure you're talking about "Grip Buddies" and not "Grip Puppies"?

"Grip Buddies" = Neoprene (closed cell)

"Grip Puppies" = Foam (open cell)

The first Grip Buddies weren't a robust material, Dave got newer "Shark Skin" material some time ago. The new ones last. Get hold of Dave, I'll bet he'll send ya a new set.

Grip Buddies. Not Grip Puppies, Buddies. The adhesive used on them turned to mush when riding around Denver, and made the grips simply rotate. The manufacturer was nice enough, refunded my money, and even offered to send me another set, free of charge. I told him to save his money, because I wouldn't ever put them on my bike again, free or not.

Buy these. 5 pair for $19.00. You'll never use any other foam grip covers.

https://www.shop.shinhopples.com/product.sc?productId=1067

Cut to proper length, soap them up and slide them on. I've had mine on my FJR for two years in all kinds of weather. There is no wear. Trust me on this one.

My fingers are a little long, so I can't be comfortable using the stock girlie grips. Since my hands are big, you know what else of mine is big,.................................... My gloves.

Latest posts