Most HATED Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting read. I have owned a few of the items listed here. Crampbuster, it was ok as a wrist rest, but I do recall a few uh oh moments with it. Grip puppies and grip buddies, i have owned both. I felt they both worked well.I also had some sort of throttle lock, don't remember the brand. Ok to shake out the wrist as you slowly lost speed.

The one item I do recall being crap was the tail light kit for the Givi V46 trunk. Forgot how it all went, something like tap into brake lights, punch hole in rack and insert electrical connection button. Punch hole in bottom of trunk and insert opposite connection button. Then the clamshell connection, similar to the bottom conection. Then wire up to the lights. Anyway, you guys know the drill. And I really thought this would work? ?? It actually did work a couple of times, but the vast majority it was no joy.

I'm also not much for the word "farkle".

the most hated farkel I have had so far is the throttle lock I picked up before heading to bike week/ fl for 10 days by the time I got to FL my right hand was numb from the way the thing hit my hand I pulled it off the bike and just about threw it into the atlantic.

Digital Starcom. In between the poor sound quality of the music from my Zumo 665 and various issues with bent pins on the plugs I finally bailed on the Starcom and went to a Sena with the earbud setup. I could never get used to the helmet speakers. Very happy with this setup.

My worst farkle...cramp buster riding twisties. By pushing the handle bar to counter steer, I would advance the throttle more than intended.
ohno-smiley02.gif
Took it off at the next stop....anybody looking for one?

My worst farkle...cramp buster riding twisties. By pushing the handle bar to counter steer, I would advance the throttle more than intended. :eek:hno-smiley02: Took it off at the next stop....anybody looking for one?
I only used mine on the slab...never thought it would be a good idea, on the twisty roads.

Waterproof case for my cell phone. It was supposed to sit over the phone with a clear cover, you were supposed to be able to manipulate the screen through the clear cover. All of this was attached to a RAM mount....

...not waterproof

...couldn't see the screen

...couldn't manipulate the phone at all

My Takahushi Auto Suck. I saw it in Japan in a Tokyo Sex Shop. I've altered my ATGATT so that the hose runs from under the right body panel into the leg of my Klim riding pants. The electrical connection was a little difficult but now that I took it off of the FZ1 fuze block and run a direct battery tap, I use my SAE charger pigtail, it no longer blows the fuses. The darn thing generates so much suction that it causes me to stick to the Laam seat. I really want to take it off but I've become addicked to it. The control panel is not waterproof so I keep it in my tank bag, it is Blue Tooth compatible so I can run it with either my cell phone or my TomTom. The problem with the control unit is that it doesn't understand Engrish velly well. Please help me

My Takahushi Auto Suck. I saw it in Japan in a Tokyo Sex Shop. I've altered my ATGATT so that the hose runs from under the right body panel into the leg of my Klim riding pants. The electrical connection was a little difficult but now that I took it off of the FZ1 fuze block and run a direct battery tap, I use my SAE charger pigtail, it no longer blows the fuses. The darn thing generates so much suction that it causes me to stick to the Laam seat. I really want to take it off but I've become addicked to it. The control panel is not waterproof so I keep it in my tank bag, it is Blue Tooth compatible so I can run it with either my cell phone or my TomTom. The problem with the control unit is that it doesn't understand Engrish velly well. Please help me
You should just sell the damn thing.

How much?

As others have said, the Throttlemeister. Especially for what you pay for it. I had one on my 1st 2008 FJR. When I purchased my 2nd 2008 FJR, the previous owner already had one installed. I still have it, but never use it.

On my last bike I had a Vista Cruise. With the push of my right thumb, the throttle was locked. Easy peasey. I rode in every state East of the Mississippi and a few states on the West side along with Ontario and Quebec. I removed the plastic pivot point on the Vista Cruise and replaced it with a small stainless steel bolt and nut. It was always working in perfect order after spending time sanding the inner ring and setting it up just right. I never had to adjust it again. One day I'll get off my lazy ass and set one up on my FJR.

I had a throttlemeister on my FZ1. I didn't pay for it, it came on the bike. I certainly wouldn't pay for one, but I didn't really hate it as it had it's uses. I suppose I might if I'd paid retail for it.

Yeah, Grip Buddies. Friggin things started crumbling away after about 200 miles, supplier said 3 months was average life!! WTF.

Gotta buy 4 sets a year??? Eff that.

Bought two sets of unknown origin foam grips off a kind forumite who was selling a bunch a couple of years ago.

Still got the first pair on, working great for me.

Another vote for Starcom being a waste. I had four units and the accompanying 85 miles of wires and cords. Just sold them all for the price of postage... and that took months to accomplish. Sena is one giant leap for mankind.
Oh, and add Chatterbox radios into the heap of smoldering waste that was StarCom. Gave those away as well.

Also, Scott oiler gets the award for the most messy mod that cost too much and performed with great mediocrity on Spousal Unit's F800GS... had to give that away too.
Yeah, my Chatterbox "experiment" was a failure, worst farkle I ever bought. It functioned OK, but not enough volume at any speed over 40 mph. Plus, I got tired of people calling me on my cell phone when I was riding, it was distracting, and I usually had to slow way down, or stop, to hear.

Me and my roommate bought the original chatterboxes to talk when we bought our bikes together. Returned them right away. Tech wasn't there yet.

You guys make me glad I bought the Throttlemeister. I have ready an equal number of positive and negative reviews, I even bought the heavy ones. I guess time will tell, I had the excel throttle lock on my Tenere, it was a love/hate relationship. The coefficient of expansion of the heated grips made it so the excel throttle lock needed constant adjustment, which was really annoying. Get it set up in the chilly morning, and it wouldn't work in the hot afternoon without adjustment. The adjustment wheel was supposed to make it easier to adjust on the fly but it would stick.... What a pain.

I will say the quality of the throttlemeister is top notch, no wonder they are so expensive.

I hope to one day add real cruise.