Most Loved Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
As i recently sold my bike, my father asked me what i was gonna do with all the extras i had purchased for him over the years....i laughed as i told him they stayed with the bike as i didn't know when or what incarnation of FJR i would replace him with, or if it would even be another FJR...i may go for something lighter and easier to negotiate with physics in the future....one day at a time these days....as i change my battery for my heart pump...

Anyhow, i thought about what farkle i couldn't live without...never had cruise control or extra lights...i thought it might be the luggage rack that another forum member makes, but i settled on the heli-bar risers....as a short shit i simply couldn't have been comfortable without them....they were my first farkle too and i think the most day to day important, at least for me...they became more of a necessity than a farkle....i never even had sliders as i thought thats what the bags were for...and mine had the scratches to prove it...

So whats your most "can't do without it" accessory ?

BobbyBlue

Hi Bobby Blue,

Over the time I had my FJR I found this FORUM to be the best of all Farkles. Great advice, plenty of good times, ability to laugh at each other and one's self. Yeah here is the best farkle by far. If you look very carefully you could even find suggestions on what to spend your money on.

Best regards to all

Steve

P.S.

I still smile at the happy face on your oil filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree about the HeliBar risers being a necessity as are the Rick Meyer seat and the Cee Bailey reverse flip windshield

While the other farkles may not not necessities, at least to me, they offer convinces and make the FJR an even more comfortable ride.

I think it's one of those things where you don't know what you're missing, until you have it. In that case it would be cruise control. It can't be truly appreciated, until you are slabbing bunches of miles, or you need to take a glove off to adjust something.

However, that came with MY bike, so I can't claim it as a farkle. For my farkling, it would be the GPS. Not only is it's value unmeasurable when away to places you've never been before, but even locally, you can explore roads that you've never knew existed. It has opened a whole new world for me locally.

That said, as I inferred in my first sentence, there are things I haven't done, that others have. Seats, suspension, etc.., so maybe there is something I would find more valuable than the above mentioned, but I just don't know it yet. :)

Two things come to mind. First my Roadcrafter 2 pc riding gear. It has been with me now for almost 15 years. Been on so many rides and events and never let me down. Second are the new Work boots just got last year. Can you say waterproof? Wet feet are no fun and can ruin any ride. These boots are amazing, expensive, yes but in my mind so worth the money.

GPS comes in a close third place. Never leave home without it any more.

Just my thoughts this rainy morning in Florida.

Favorite farkle is whatever one I just bought and installed, until I buy a new one.

Currently, it's my MV Motorrad adapter plate for my bars. :D

My #1 farkle is the RDL seat, hands down. Following that my #1 farkle is heated grips, followed by #1, cruse control and #1 FZ1 mirrors. After that is my #1 best farkle is bar risers, right after that is the trunk/backrest for pillion at #1 along with tip-over-guards (used a few times) and my #1 farkle, a GPS. Very closely following my #1 are my #2 farkles
wink.png
Drop pegs for pillion with heel guards over the exhaust pipes, LED driving/conspicuous lights, aftermarket suspension F & R, Bluetooth communication with pillion, Real Time reflector kit, Tourmaster Winter Elite II gloves, BMW boot$ (cool in summer, warm in winter, always dry and as comfortable as bedroom slippers) PC III surge arrester for my Gen I and a ahamaY touring windshield.

So, as I sit back and review my #1 and #2 farkle I see that I have spent a lot of money customizing my FJR for my needs, but the money was well spent because I wouldn't want to give up any of these things. If I go on and list the rest of the gear that I wear and the little doodads that I wouldn't want to give up either, there could be quite a list. At this point I'm wondering if I spent as much on accessories as I did on the bike....
uhoh.gif

It's going to be my Givi V-47 topcase with the Admore running, brake and turn signal kit added. Not only will it look cooler, have a lower profile than my stock topcase but it will make us just a little bit safer. My Saddleman gel seat is my current favorite farkle.

What have I added? Throttle Meister, Ariete angle valve stems, Corbin Canyon heated seat with pilion back rest and small trunk, Blue Sea power distribution box, Steering stem adapter for Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, Garauld's brake/clutch adapter plates, Race Tech suspension Gold valve fork, springs and G3 shock, adapter plate for Kappa 46L trunk, first aftermarket exhaust slip on DaVinci carbon fibre, not so much? BeoWolf like a lot! Highway peg adapters (sorry I forget the forum-ite's name) and the same for the Block off plates which so clean up the under tank area. Of course the tires I use were gleaned from this forum, Michelin 2,3 and 4, take your pick. As well No Mar where I purchased my Cycle Hill tire changing machine which has been put to very good use! I hope I haven't forgotten anyone or any thing but my bike came with factory installed heated grips which do help a little under my forgotten Grip puppies! Oops, FZ 1 mirrors. Me bad. Oh shit, and sliders too!

The darn aftermarket seat I haven't bought yet lol. My rear end if very upset with me for not purchasing this yet but it is coming soon.

I'm going to have to agree with LKLD, Cruise Control is the best!! That little bit of freedom with your right hand is priceless. Passed a guy in TN last week, had the cruise set, my right arm resting on the tank bag, I waived with my right hand as I passed (he was going the speed limit, haha) I looked in my right mirror as I went by he was flipping me off. I guess he was a little jealous. I just put on 3K miles in 2 weeks, got to wondering when that cruise control switch was gonna wear out. Found myself using it more and more. Hope it last forever!!!

I am going to have to agree with Big John, number 1 is a Laam seat, but number 2 for me is the throttlemiester cruise. If it wasn't for the Laam seat I couldn't ride long enough to need a throttle lock.

My Gen III Came with Cruise and Heated Grips, two of the reasons I bought a new one rather than a Gen II

I would rate my GP Suspension the #1 farkle on my FJR and then my RDL seat. Getting the suspension working properly just make riding the bike in the twisties so much more enjoyable.

Hi guys

I had to jump in on this one as this subject has come up that many times i hate to think. For me the best farkle has to be the heated grips i had fitted when i had the Gen 1. They gave me a couple more months riding each year that i wouldn't have had even with the best gloves i reckon. You got to have warm hands. My Gen 3 has a far better heated grip set up that the Gen 1 had so that was a real plus.

Regards

Gazza