Most Loved Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If something used to be a farkle, but is now a feature on the bike coming directly off the assembly line, is it still considered to be a farkle on the new bike?

RDL seat and cruise control. Toss up between the two. I rode a stock Gen 3 a couple weeks ago and don't know how I ever sat on a stock seat. Cruise control is awesome though.

Two things that I could not do without are a GPS and Radar Detector.

The RDL seat comes in third.

And, for riding at night, I have to have additional high output lights.

I would add those four things to any street motorcycle I own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that my #1 was a CalSci windshield. When I played out cash back in '06 for my Advanced Edition, I was really second guessing whether I made the right decision or not, the wind noise was so bad with that stock screen. Getting the CalSci extra extra tall made all the difference, and kept me on the platform; I'm on #3 now and still loving it!

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Hey Bobby,

Wishing ya the best my friend.
ok.gif

Sort of depends on what riding im doing

The things i use every day are probably my most loved - regardless of journey length i think my - my LEDrider lights

For long journeys would have to be my rdl and Garauld Hiway pegs

For parking - my frame sliders (saved mucho tupperware damage twice now - easily paid for themselves)

for in town riding - (after my led lights) would be the FZ1 Mirrors

Everything that makes my FJR "mine". Great thing, we all begin with the same basic platform and personalize it for our intended mission...
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Lots of upgrades help- but the best one was the Motorcycle Larry riser plate. That made all-day riding enjoyable, it was just enough change in riding position to relieve my back and shoulders.

Another great upgrade was the Motorcycle Larry passenger peg lowering kit. The wife says it makes a tremendous difference in her leg comfort with less knee bend.

Have to agree with others about the cruise control- and wouldn't have a touring bike without it. Cruise helps avoid speeding tickets on a bike with such effortless speed, and it has to improve safety because I can keep my eyes on the road ahead without constantly looking down at the speedometer.

All in all, it is hard to rate farkles- each one plays a part. Tank bags, tail trunks, electric outlets, EZ Pass, GPS, better seats, intercom, garage opener, helmet hooks, bigfoot, etc, etc . . . . all of them improve the experience in different ways.

#1 farkle is my re-geared final drive unit..... Next is my recently-added monokey V47 top case.. that thing is solid compared to the generic unit I had on before (which came with the bike so I just lived with it for the first year). After that it's probably the Heli risers and the V-Stream shield. All good solid additions to this great bike.

Mr. BR

I love my Russel Day Long seat, my Rifle Windshield and my GPS in that order. LOVE the RDL seat and that nice calm and quiet air pocket behind my Rifle at interstate speeds is awesome.

Love my highway pegs on the canyon cages so i can stretch out and change my seating position from time to time, and the bluetooth remote for my iphone mounted over the highbeam switch.

Hmm, the farkle that is for me and me only. No one else gets to ogle them.

DSCN0285.jpg

Have to say though, on thinking back, my favorite farkles are the two I don't even think about anymore, but the ones that truly transformed my bike. My PCIII and G2 throttle tube. I don't think I'd still have the bike if it weren't for those two.

Definitely my frame sliders, took a low-ish speed drop (10-15km/h) a couple days ago and the only damage was some small scratches on the bottom front corner of the right hand side bag. However I'm getting some MCenterprises rear bag guards this week to complement the sliders.

I'd have to say my CeeBaily reverse flip windshield first. It's really made a difference for my riding. Second? Tramadol- don't leave home without it!

Ηelibars or MV risers
smile.png
Second Laminar Lip on the stock windshield
smile.png
Both works perfect for me!My gf loves the second!

If it was to choose one of the two,i would choose the risers..But after that i will have a big trouble with my gf..
angry03.gif

The next one will be a Laam seat..
yes.gif

For the 07 it was the GP suspension upgrade followed by the heated RDL and risers.

For the 15 it is the heated RDL only because I installed the Helibar riser and now truely have an ideal riding position.

I only wish I could claim the FYB license plate! Mark(Poolboytoo) has that one covered for me!