Most Loved Farkle or Accessory

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helibridge. But a larger windshield, MCL peg lowering brackets, and the SR356 and givi all tie for second.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gorgeous girl that sits behind me and caress' my shoulders and arms and neck and...........................................................................yeah her !!!!!!!!!!
Okay, what catalog are these in?

Victoria's Secret.
Scratch and sniff
rolleyes.gif
?

Been thinking about this, I need to double down within and by category.

Convenience/comfort: Laam Seat and Yamaha Touring Windscreen. One for my butt, one for the bugs.

Safety/Insurance: Cox Racing Radiator Guard and Canyon Cages Saddlebag Guards.

One for bugs & rocks, one for uh-uh moments such as when I clipped a 55 gal drum in a NY Thruway rest stop when a car came at me the wrong way. Came away unscathed with bag intact and still shiny.

I've done a few other things like frame sliders, battery tender hookup etc. but the above four make me smile every time I think about them.

Lot of good ideas from this thread. Thanks!

We just acquired a SPOT Gen 3. Actually, we hope this does NOT become our most loved accessory. The impetus and logic behind this acquisition is, first, Iggy's very bad get-off in Wyoming in early August. Like him, we often ride in very remote country where critters are a very real hazard, and where cell service availability is perhaps 50/50. We also like the idea of emergency response cost insurance up to $50K per incident and up to two incidents per year for $18. In these parts, chances are you'll be an hour or more away from major population centers with trauma hospitals so if you're hurt badly a helicopter ambulance ride is definitely in the cards - $45K! Now we're going to be using it (not the S.O.S. button) while we go rallying this weekend.

As simple, small, and unobtrusive as it is, my favorite accessory is my Whelen LED brake flasher. That along with the TailBlazer bulbs I have installed has made rear-end incidents almost nonexistent. I work to be very aware of what's going on behind me when I'm slowing or stopping, and I try hard to give good notice. That along with these flashing, very bright lights gets a lot of attention.

Ask anyone who has ridden behind me, especially at night. Those lights are BRIGHT.

+1^ I wouldn't have thought of those but now that he mentioned it, I'd agree. I started with one but eventually put the Whelens on all of the bikes in the garage. I try not to get complacent but they really do give you some peace of mind.

Same here, three of my bikes have them now. When cars pull up behind me at stop lights now, it's not unusual for them to stop one to two car lengths behind me. When riding through a tunnel on the BRP, I had to hit the brakes and my buddy behind me said he was almost blinded by the Whelen. Well worth the expense after being rear ended once already by a cager.

Generally the one that I just installed. I did put an MV Motorrad kit on recently, and love it, but this one is more recent. The bike already had sufficient lighting on the front (stock headlights, two visi-billets down low and a couple 5 Cree XM-L LED lights under the mirrors. After having the V46 since 2003 and many bikes then decided to augment the rear lighting and so installed the Admore kit.

Here are a few pictures of the installation from a visibility perspective.

IMG_5244-L.jpg

IMG_5249-L.jpg

IMG_5290-L.jpg

Bonus picture of the front lighting setup. The LEDs below the mirrors that each house 5 Cree XM-L LEDs are at 40% capacity.

IMG_5243-L.jpg

There's so many! A week after I brought home the "Perfect Bike" my wife had a fit when she saw it looked like Frankenstein's monster! I added:

Givi trunk with aux lights.

Automatic TS cancellers (Gen 1)

Powerlet outlets

Heated grips

Throttlemeisters

Wilbers shock and springs

Dynajet with Ivan's Performance Products custom map

Gerbing heated...everything! Socks, riding pants, liner jacket, gloves.

Nolan helmet with BlueTooth.

Every farkle is a favorite, or it's GONE!

Best though, is my wife on the pillion!

Bluetooth headset (Sena smh10) and cell phone gives me navigation (Google maps), Pandora radio and phone calls all seamlessly integrated. All I need is a buddy to buy one so I can use the bike to bike intercom.