Motion Pro Tuner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyowags

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got a mercury refill but no instructions on how or where to put the stuff. Anybody saavy on this one? I looked on Motion Pro's website but couldn't find anything pertinent. Thanks ahead of time!

Kurt

It should be the same as when you originally filled it.

The little tank at the bottom has a plastic cap. That cap also has a small plug on the FACE of the tank. You should lay the gauge on it's back, with the small hole in the face of the tank pointing up. Be care not to lay it down so far that mercury is leaking out the top (or around where the tubes enter, or the cap itself).

The refill bottle's tip should fit this hole fairly well, and you just squirt in however much mercury is needed.

Please be safe working with mercury, it's very dangerous stuff. I assume you already know this, but it doesn't hurt to mention again.

BTW: where'd your original mercury go?!? I have a hard time seeing how enough went missing to need the refill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the infor Slapnpop. A buddy of mine gave it to me when he moved out of town. Didn't have any mercury in it when I got it. I assume he lost it somewhere. 10-4 on the being careful thing. Nasty stuff! I'm assuming I just pour the stuff into the hole opposite the vent tube?

vent tube? :blink:

Mine doesn't have a vent tube. It's got the 4 sync tubes, and the filling hole, and that's it.

The one I have has two plugs right under where you plug the hoses into. It's labeled "VENT", and under that is where the plugs are. One says "open" and the othe says "close". Tha hose plugs in a couple of inches lower to what looks to be a reservoir. The one I have is the yellow Motion Pro.

It should be the same as when you originally filled it.

Please be safe working with mercury, it's very dangerous stuff. I assume you already know this, but it doesn't hurt to mention again.
BTW: where'd your original mercury go?!? I have a hard time seeing how enough went missing to need the refill.
+1. You should always seal the tubes when you are done. Mercury is a really funky metal, and, among other things, has a very high vapor pressure. It will evaporate. You really don't want to be breathing mercury vapor. Don't touch it either, btw, especially if you're a nose picker.

Don't touch it either, btw, especially if you're a nose picker.

+1

:nono: ................... :lmaosmiley: ................ :blink: ....................... :weirdsmiley: .................. :twitchsmile: ............. :wha-smiley: ................. :stun: ................. :skull: ........... :rip_1:

I have about 7 pounds of mercury in the garage...guess that makes my garage a superfund site. My dad owned a HVAC business when I was a kid. When we pulled to old thermostats I opened the tubes and collected the mercury. Used to play with it all the time. Ingestion or inhalation of quantities is not good but just touching it is not gong to kill you instantly the way the media portrays it. Elemental mercury is much harder to get into and suspend in the blood stream and tissues.

Gosh, I wonder how my generation ever made it this far! :dribble:

Don't touch it either
So how come, the teacher let us pass it around in class when someone brought it for show-and-tell? I remember her pointing out how it "felt dry to the touch. because, even though it's liquid, it's metal so your finger doesn't get wet."

And, no, that hat of yours doesn't make me angry. :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
So did we. In Junior High we used to coat coins with it. Of course, that might explain a lot, maybe I won't tell my kids.....

Latest posts