Moto America

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timk

timk
Reaction score
I heard something about a new roadracing series. Not even sure this is the name of it. It was on a discussion but my radio was fading in and out. Anyone know the size of the motorcycles?

This has replaced the AMA superbike series...so Superstock, Supersport and Superbike...same as it ever was...but a new name.
https://www.motoamerica.com/
Joe,

I wouldn't say it was "same as it ever was", and it is much different...not just a new name. Hopes are very high that this will be much better. The rules and regs are being changed to reflect more World Superbike flavor, which is great. In addition, the new RC390 class for 14-21 year olds is an exciting new attempt to foster the next World Class American Road Racing stars.

All the races will be televised on CBS Sports Network, and there hasn't been this much enthusiasm leading into a season since 2006-2007 time frame. Lets go Racing!

Yeah...but now I gotta go to Indy, to see any racing. Mid-Ohio is no longer on the schedule. I've been going to the races there since the early 80's, and have been a tire marshall there for the last five years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...but now I gotta go to Indy, to see any racing. Mid-Ohio is no longer on the schedule. I've been going to the races there since the early 80's, and have been a tire marshall there for the last five years.
Or here in Austin, this weekend.

This has replaced the AMA superbike series...so Superstock, Supersport and Superbike...same as it ever was...but a new name.
https://www.motoamerica.com/
Joe,

I wouldn't say it was "same as it ever was", and it is much different...not just a new name. Hopes are very high that this will be much better. The rules and regs are being changed to reflect more World Superbike flavor, which is great. In addition, the new RC390 class for 14-21 year olds is an exciting new attempt to foster the next World Class American Road Racing stars.

All the races will be televised on CBS Sports Network, and there hasn't been this much enthusiasm leading into a season since 2006-2007 time frame. Lets go Racing!
My god, I hope it isn't the 'same as it ever was'. The last couple years have been an absolute mess.

Regarding TV coverage, it's not good news, but, I'm being optimistic. As of now, the TV coverage will be a tape delay show and it will be highlights rather than showing the full races. Could improve as the year goes on. Also, as of now, no online streaming, but, they're working on it.

Is it perfect right out of the gate? No. Roadracing in the US is trying to unf@ck itself. It's going to take a little bit of time, but, I'm going to be positive.

Just got done reading a recap of this series and Wayne Rainey's involvement and outlook for it in AMA's January Motorcyclist. Granted the bias there but it got me to watch his Legends award speech on YouTube. When I opened it up and saw the 33 minute run time I thought I'd give it a minute or two but I probably was like everyone else in the audience in not being able to turn away. If you have a half-hour open the link.

Well, I've been enjoying the coverage BeIn has been showing, full coverage front to end, w/o commercials.

The racing has been excellent and enthralling! Kudos to JD Beach for doing interviews, as difficult as it is for him.

Really Pissed.

Sat down to watch Saturday's recorded TT on Velocity. Friggin' race hadn't even started when the picture went all to hell, blocked up, froze up and disappeared. Great.........but it gets worse.

Ok, let's watch recorded Canadian F1 race on NBCSN.......NOPE,

Two and a half hours of hockey, golf, soccer and frickin' wrestling, labeled Formula One Canadian Grand Prix.

Bunch of tossers.

PISSED.

Sorry just realized this topic is Moto America. Still pissed.

I've had that same issue before Steve. It's infuriating when it happens. BeIn is fairly good about it, but sometimes soccer (football?) can run over, causing it to start late. After missing a finish of a race, I now extend it by one hour. Still, no commercials on BeIn has me a happy man.