Moto Gp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
I was in the turn two suites and there were numerous FJR's in the dedicated parking there. I was just wondering if any of you folks were there?

Only there on Saturday. Great weather, nice crowd, lotsa bikes .... not to mention all the action. It was my first time seeing a road race. Really impressive to watch riders that skilled.

Didn't count, but I would guess I saw between one and two dozen FJRs.

The ride out from the track was pretty cool too. There was a line of (50, 100, 200, ??? ) bikes riding out left of double yellow without getting hassled. A few of the cagers were POed, but most just sat still in traffic and watched. It's a curving road and the bikers were all cool, doing about 15 - 20 mph single file. :agent:

I was there both days but not parked in the lot ( got my own super secret spot ;) ) . There were quite a few FJRs at Cannery Row on Sat night also. Actually talked to four owners who never hang out on the boards. I never ran into another board member all weekend, must have been the other 150,000 people that got in the way! :D Saw some plates from AZ, MN, CO along with a few Ca plates.

My wife and I were there on Saturday and Sunday. Had a really nice time. Well, I was having a nice time until Sunday morning at 0830 when some yum-yum on a CBR hit me from behind, busted my left saddlebag and sent it bouncing down the road. There was a good bit of traffic and this nut was trying to squeeze between me and another bike. So, long story short, the Presidio of Monterey Police showed up to document the damage/collision and Mr. Yum-Yum's insurance should cover the damage. If not, my insurance agent said they would waive my deductible so I would not have to pay out-of-pocket expenses.

I'm just glad the guy who hit me was kind enough to grab my saddlebag from the road and stop to make sure my wife and I were all right. He could have very easily kept on riding and I would have never found him in all the traffic. He may not have been a very good rider, but at least his integrity was good.

Aside from the saddlebag, no other damage to my bike (zero damage to the other guy's) occurred. Of course, I had to ship my luggage back since the bag mounts were damaged.

Ride Safe!!

I rode in for the day and worked in the helmet and leather check area on Sunday, behind the stands, between turns 4 and 5. The racing was super, the sun gave me a burn and the day that started at 3am and ended at 11pm was priceless. The only thing that would have been helpful was to get past all the cages on highway 156 and 101.

When I thought I was done with the traffic I had to come to a stop on the last leg of the trip home when the Caltrans had shut down one of the south bound lanes of highway 99 across the San Joaquin River. The good thing was that the lanes were wide enough to lane split because at 10:30 at night I wasn't going to play the single file follow a cage for another hour.

This is a shot of the first lap of the final race, the Super Sports entering turn 4.

LagunaSeca20055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there Friday, Sat. and Sunday ... quite a bit more folks than years past. I guess MotoGP really brought out the crowds. Also, saw many FJRs on the road to and from the event.

Really pleased to see the USA boys whip the Euros ... especially since they were whining about the track "not being up to European standards" and being "unsafe".

Great event ... too many cagers in and out.

FlyinW

I was there Sat. After taking 1 1/2 hours to get in the place,and seeing the 150-200 people in line for a hot dog, I knew Sunday would be worse so I decided to skip Sun. I was satisfied seeing the qualifying round Sat. I stood at the Corkscrew for an hour, hypnotized by the sight and sound. The ride down Cal. 1 from Oregon was worth the trip. I also took time to ride Hwy. 36, again. I will go back next year.

John

Highlander -

You may have seen me. The accident occured on Baylor (sp) Cyn Road, on the way to the track Sunday. After the accident, the Presidio Police were kind enough to take both my bags back to the station and hold them for pick-up later, that way I didn't have to ride around with one bag on my bike. I shipped both bags back home via Greyhound Express on Monday morning.

Checked the price of a new bag with the local dealership, $587.30 :bigeyes:

Last edited:
Nice insurance - who are you with?

Safeco has bait-and-switched on me, doubling my premiums last year. <_<

- CAUTION, MOVING OFF TOPIC -

Falcon -

United Servicemembers Automobile Association (USAA) is my auto/motorcycle/renters insurance carrier. I use them for my banking as well. Very good company to conduct business with.

- NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED MOTOGP TOPIC -

Latest posts