MotoBike Jack - pick your pig up off the ground!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure could have used that when the Wing took a nap in Death Valley.
smile.png

The day I can't lift my motorbike will leave me with 2 choices.

A ) get a lighter bike.

B ) stop riding

I am hoping for choice A.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see the video where the bikes laying in gravel. The length of the ratchet handle makes me wonder how easy it moves for a truly heavy bike. Seems a longer handle would be welcome.

I don't know really what to think about it. I mean I get that if we are "lucky"(?) the body takes a crap on us before mind and that inside every 100 years old sits a teenager thinking "WTF happened?" but I'm also a bit with @08FJR4ME on this. A smaller bike, maybe avoiding riding alone in remote areas? Alternatively one could consider getting a Can-Am, Slingshot, street legal SxS or even a Jeep Wrangler. I might be too young and too stupid to grasp it all, but at the same time I'm old enough to not to chase high-school girls anymore and find my fun with someone more of my age.

Just my $0.02...

Adrenaline is a great help in picking up a dropped bike! (You may pay for it in pain from abused muscles the next day.) The first time I dropped my '07, it really wasn't my fault - parked at a campsite and the gravel I parked on wasn't as firm as I thought. Sidestand sank and the bike went over - ended up on a slight downslope on loose gravel and was VERY difficult to pick up (nobody around to help). The other two (or three) zero speed dirtnaps were on flat hard surfaces and I did not have much difficulty with getting it back upright. Even considering carrying an item such as this would force me to admit that:

1)I'm getting old and need assistance

2)I'm likely to drop my bike

Not for me (at least not yet)!!

Not for me. Sometimes you just need to acknowledge defeat. You can either fall to the ground in the fetal position and whimper like a baby, or light the bike on fire and walk away.
Purdie much ^THIS^

If'n I drop my hefe grande, FJR, I'll just walk away from that bitch!
tongue.png

That tool looks a little bulky to carry all the time for that rare time I would need to lift the FJR off of the ground. On those rare occasions that I did drop it I either had someone riding with me to help or someone in a car stopped to lend a hand.

For off road use, I would think a tree, a long strap, and come along or block and tackle would be handy. Of course carrying a tree would be even more bulky, but I can usually find one along the trail.
rolleyes.gif

Also, the web site advertising the jack turns me off. It is all about trying to scare people into worrying about the worst case scenario and very little about the actual jack they are selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped my GSA in Flesher Pass at zero MPH. I was able to slow its descent and only went down on my knee. When I looked up a county sheriff was stopped beside me and getting out to help. We got it righted but the entire time we were doing so my Valentine One was loudly alerting his presence. He never commented, even when I reached past him to shut off the V1.