MotoGP??.......Anyone going?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DucatiSSsp

Reaction score
Anyone from the great Northwest heading down to Monterey to watch Nicky win his 2nd MotoGP Race?

Went last year, the ride down the coast was the best I ever had. Better planning for traffic should make this year much more enjoyable getting to the track.

Cheers,

Bryce

Anyone from the great Northwest heading down to Monterey to watch Nicky win his 2nd MotoGP Race?Went last year, the ride down the coast was the best I ever had. Better planning for traffic should make this year much more enjoyable getting to the track.

Cheers,

Bryce
I plan on going down with our CMA ministry to work the helmet and leather check we do every year. We have four different checks at different areas to check your gear into. Saves the hassel of carrying it around or leaving it on the bike. And best of all, its free. There's suppose to be a motorcycle intrance only this year and parking. Most cages will have to park off track free, and be bused in. So your right getting in and out should be a whole lot better this year. Come by and see us at our booth and enjoy the safe ride down. PM. <>< :D

Yea!! Headed to Cali from Seattle on the 19th, will be a quick 6 day trip... 2.5 days down, 2 days of racing, then 2 days home.

Can you recommend a good route to take ? We are planning on riding to Seaside, OR on the evening of our departure, then staying on the coast to Eureka CA for next night. Interested in any route plan or highway reommendations.

Sincerely, Tim and Mike ( 03 FJR and 04 K1200GT)

Anyone from the great Northwest heading down to Monterey to watch Nicky win his 2nd MotoGP Race?
Actually, Nicky has already won his 2nd MotoGP race.... in Assen a couple of weeks ago.

So Monterey at the end of the month will be his third win, assuming he doesn't win at Sachsenring on the 16th....

Did anyone take advantage of the motorcycle parking that Yamaha offered inside turn #5 last year?

For years I've always taken advantage of the free parking that HRC has always offered but last year

they apparently offered the 'free HRC parking' to folks that wanted to shell out $10 via some kind of

online promotion. I whined and got in on Friday but parked else where on the weekend. Since the

ST1100 is long gone now I was wondering what it took to park at the Yamaha sponsored area. I

have the FJR now (heck I road the FJR into the HRC parking area last year), but was not sure if all

it took was a Yamaha to get in or if there was some official affiliation that I had to belong to.

Thanks,

Gary

I'll be there on Sunday.

I have seats in turn 4 grandstands and hope to get a paddock pass from a scalper.

BTW painman - Is that gear check station secure?

I'll be there all weekend. I hope Rossi doesn't throw another GP race like last year. He let 2 Americans finish first and second just to help promote the sport in the USA. :winksmiley02:

Don't forget the festivities on Cannery Row Saturday night and its motorcycle parking only.

I'll be there all weekend. I hope Rossi doesn't throw another GP race like last year. He let 2 Americans finish first and second just to help promote the sport in the USA. :winksmiley02:
Don't forget the festivities on Cannery Row Saturday night and its motorcycle parking only.
Yea he did that in Assen too. :D

Portland, OR to GP

I will be leaving Portland, OR early morning, Thursday, July 20th. Riding 101 to Liggit, CA which is the top of Hwy 1, and on to Ft. Bragg for the night. Ft. bragg has motels and a really good brew pub. Friday the 21st will Ride all the way down Hwy1 (the nearly best road in the world)with zillions of others, across the Golden Gate bridge, through SF, along Sky line past Alice's restaurant, through Santa Cruze and down the coast to Monterey (actually a motel in Salenas).

Two pretty long 500milish days. I've done this many timess and have never tired of the route or the fun of the long day rides.

I have extra turn four grand stand seats if interested.

I'll be there on Sunday.
I have seats in turn 4 grandstands and hope to get a paddock pass from a scalper.

BTW painman - Is that gear check station secure?
I'll be there on Sunday as well working the noon to 5:30 shift, not sure which booth yet though. And yes the gear check stations are secure. The "CMA Helmet & Leather Check" stations signs are hard to miss as the lettering is usually very large. They will be located near Wolf Hill, above turns 4 and 5 behind the Media Center and in the Lake Bed. Here is something from the Mazda Raceway site you might like:

"All motorcyclists will be provided free parking at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Wolf Hill, traditionally the automobile parking area at spectator events. Motorcycles will enter and exit on Barloy Canyon Rd., located off of Reservation Rd. in Marina. No automobiles will be allowed to enter or exit on this road. Have your tickets easily available to make the entry process as painless and enjoyable as possible for everyone at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix."

Stop by and say hi at one of the booths and let us take care of your gear for free and have a great time. Oh yea, all the folks who work at the track are volunteers not just us, so maybe say thanks to some of these good workers. See you there. Blessings, PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: