MotoGP on TV today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zip

Reaction score
Though you might be riding, watching the Little League World Series, or doing chores as I am.

(Saving it on the DVR, though...)

Thanks! I'm stuck at home on sick leave with a late-August case of frostbite. Yeah, I said frostbite.

When ice packs attack!!!

Ok i'll bite. details?
A couple of days back, my left wrist started to bother me (Don't go there!). Night before last, I did an icewater bath, then a splint. Last night, on (evil) Eve's recommendation, I tried her newfangled ice bag made in a Ziploc with 1 part rubbing alcohol and 2 parts water. It won't freeze solid, so it's slushy. I strapped it on with an Ace bandage for about 15 minutes. When I took it off, my skin was all waxy-looking and too hard for health. Then it turned red, swollen and fairly painful. I realized about 11:00pm that I couldn't make it to work like that. Now, I'm keeping it out of the sun and wondering how long this is going to be a PITA.

Stupid hurts!

holy shit dude thats crazy.

I guess the alcohol let it get much colder than straight water would have.

Another lesson learned at someone elses expense.

Heal fast Bob, CA needs all the fire fighters it can get.

Yah, I was hollering seeing Yamaha in 1st and 2nd, then Rossi threw it away.

Doc, what's up with that??

I loved seeing whiner Pedrosa sliding down the racetrack.

At least a Yamaha won the darn thing.

Kudos to Nicky H. for getting the Duc on the podium, and Colin Edwards was 5th which ain't bad on a non-factory team.

Go Mama Yama.

biknflyfisher

That was the worst MotoGP coverage I've ever watched. Period.
That was the first I'd ever watched. Odd that the crashes all happened during commercials. And the former racer/color man added nothing of value to the commentary, I thought.

The on-bike footage of all sorts was very cool.

I also watched the Isle of Man TT the other day. Those guys are psycho - especially the sidecar riders. I looked up "Isle of Man TT deaths" which was the second most common listed search. Guess other people are curious about it, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, I was hollering seeing Yamaha in 1st and 2nd, then Rossi threw it away.Doc, what's up with that??

I loved seeing whiner Pedrosa sliding down the racetrack.

At least a Yamaha won the darn thing.

Kudos to Nicky H. for getting the Duc on the podium, and Colin Edwards was 5th which ain't bad on a non-factory team.

Go Mama Yama.

biknflyfisher
Rossi looked like he was pretty straight up and down. The front should not have locked like that unless there was something on the track, like oil.

That was the first I'd ever watched. Odd that the crashes all happened during commercials. And the former racer/color man added nothing of value to the commentary, I thought.

The on-bike footage of all sorts was very cool.

I also watched the Isle of Man TT the other day. Those guys are psycho - especially the sidecar riders. I looked up "Isle of Man TT deaths" which was the second most common listed search. Guess other people are curious about it, too.

yeah, i just heard you guys get commercials during the race. Pretty sad....

was pretty bummed the rossi/lorenzo battle didn't last longer, the rest of the race was so-so. Good to see some other guys on the podium, I suppose. Would have liked to see Edwards up there a bit further.

I'm not a fan of Iforgethisname who was announcing, but he's head, shoulders, feet, and a stage above Sheheen's constant and pointless yelling. The color guy taking remedial English is Scott Ru$$ell. He's not much for the language, but he's a lot more in touch with racing (and the planet racing happens on) than Spencer was. IMO the coverage was up dramatically to Sheheen/Spencer... to about 3% from 1%. IIRC last year was Greg "O MY GOD I LEARNED THIS FROM SHEHEEN" White and Kevin Schwantz.

Rossi looked like he was pretty straight up and down. The front should not have locked like that unless there was something on the track, like oil.
Rossi was way off line on dirty track. Lorenzo scored one on the master there.