MotoGP race Qatar SPOILER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
The floodlights give the bikes an incredible look magnifying the shine just like they look at a bike show. Another advantage for the viewer is that most of the riders are using clear visors so their eyes and concentration can easily be seen.

Pedrossa catapulted from the 3rd row to take a 4 bike lead by the second corner. Toseland held 2nd for a couple of laps and swopped with Lorenzo a couple of times. After 3 laps Toseland got swamped on the long straight twice by the much faster hydraulic valved bikes, and the lightning fast Ducati. Rossi fought through and took the lead to be pushed back by Stoner then Lorenzo and then Pedrossa who had an injured hand.

The hydraulic valved bikes are much more fuel efficient than the gear driven valve machines. This means that the gear driven bikes can have the state of tune turned up for qualifying but then have to have it wound down a notch for the race, hence front row in qualifying and struggling in the race on power. Vermulen pulled in after 6 or so laps with tyre problems.

5 Laps to go: Stoner cleared off with a 2 second lead over Lorenzo who also had a 5 second lead over the chasing Rossi, Pedrossa, Divizioso and Toseland in a close fight for 3rd. Hayden running 11th. with Hopper behind him. (Badly injured after a practice crash). Marco Melandri 37 seconds behind Stoner on the same bike.

Pedrossa pulled away and the last half dozen laps were a great race for 4th. between Rossi Dovizioso & Toseland who lurked with intent in a close 6th waiting for a chance that never came.

Race time 28 seconds faster than last year. No tyre domination with a fairly even spread. DeAngelis the only crasher was unhurt.

1 Stoner

2 Lorenzo

3 Pedrossa

4 Dovizioso by a split second

5 Rossi

6 Toseland

7 Edwards

8 Capirossi

10 Hayden

12 Hopkins

Last edited by a moderator:
Mean start, lot of hard knocks.

nice lil dogfight with Dovizioso and Rossi near the end.

Man it looks like Stoner and his Duc are going to be unstopable! I dont much like it when he gets that far out in front, its game over too soon.

but I too liked the night ride.

Some mighty good racing, even after Stoner pulled out front. Bikes look sweet under the lights.

Hayden in 10th, bummer! Looks like GP belongs to the young bucks now.

3 weeks until our next GP fix.

Was this race shown on ESPN? I was looking for the telecast and could only find the 125's and the 250's. What gives? And if anyone knows will it be shown again? PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this race shown on ESPN? I was looking for the telecast and could only find the 125's and the 250's. What gives? And if anyone knows will it be shown again? PM. <>< :unsure:
It was on Speed. Looks like it will be shown again on 3/20.

Great start of the race. Some great battles in the front packs. Looks like it's Stoner's championship to lose.

It was on Speed. Looks like it will be shown again on 3/20.

Great start of the race. Some great battles in the front packs. Looks like it's Stoner's championship to lose.
I couldn't find it either, what a bummer. Speed listed "MotoGP" at 1700 hours Central time, but it was the 125's (a pretty good race though)... no 800's after. Crap.

Boooo.... Hayden in 10th....

Hope he can pull it together. Lot's of bad luck and people running into him least year.

Looks like the first race of this season may be indicating another year of Domination by Stoner.

Hoping to catch the race if it airs again on the 20th.

Boooo.... Hayden in 10th....
Hope he can pull it together. Lot's of bad luck and people running into him least year.

Looks like the first race of this season may be indicating another year of Domination by Stoner.

Hoping to catch the race if it airs again on the 20th.
The Hondsa camp are having a mixture of problems from what I can gather. Swopping between 07 & 08 kit. Having said that Pedrossa didn't seem to struggle too much. He seemed to be fired from a gun off the start line. The on board footage made the front 2 rows look like they were on 125's the way he went past them all.

Any idea why Nicky looked to be on a 07 & Danny was on the 08, the tail section body work looked different between the two?

Any idea why Nicky looked to be on a 07 & Danny was on the 08, the tail section body work looked different between the two?
They had an 07 & an 08 chassis each to play with and ended up riding the two different bikes. They are struggling and grasping at straws I think. They had the 08 engines with them and left them in the truck.

FINALLY got to watch it tonight after the Speed channel rebroadcast early this morning. It was hard to stay away from reports about this one after having seen who made the front row.

And, yeah, looks like it could be a race for 2nd place. Stoner was amazing. It's too early to declare it a runaway championship, but it kind of smells that way.

Lorenzo is really aggressive, isn't he? Beating Rossi in his first race on the team has got to raise eyebrows. Bummer that Nicky was in nowhere-land. I hope he gets to make a stand at some point this year. Seems a good bet that Dovizioso will be sitting on his bike this time next spring.

Oh, so thankful that racing is back. Maybe the snow will be gone soon too.

I have all 3 GP's recorded- 125,250 & the BIG boyz! I think 250cc was the most exciting.

Next week: Formula One.