Motorcycle Jack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you trying to life the front end? If, it seems like serious overkill and maybe not adjustable to the amount of lift you want. I'm all for the leftover from a Volkswagen Golf or $5 from the junkyard scissor jack. Put a 2x4 and it only takes about 3 turns to get the front end off the ground for work.

No I got the front end up just fine with a bar overhead like WCs. I was changing the shock to a Wilbers (bought off a guy here) and wanted to remove the wishbone to clean up. I couldn't do that with the bike on the center stand as that interferes with removing the last bolt nearest the engine.

So I wondered if anyone had experience with this type of jack. How well does this type of jack work on this bike?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
I use mine for a lot of things. Lifting the cruiser, dirt bike maintanence and even the FJR. Never had a problem. One of the Moto Mags liked it the best of all lifts for function, reliability and price. I think I saw Sears has an updated lightweight version? I think. I use mine to keep the dirt bike tires off the ground in the garage. Takes up less room this way.

No I got the front end up just fine with a bar overhead like WCs. I was changing the shock to a Wilbers (bought off a guy here) and wanted to remove the wishbone to clean up. I couldn't do that with the bike on the center stand as that interferes with removing the last bolt nearest the engine.So I wondered if anyone had experience with this type of jack. How well does this type of jack work on this bike?

Thx
I bought that one and it was adequate. Then I saw that Sears made an aluminum one that was way more trick and bought that one. I gave away the first one. Sears occasionaly offers the aluminum one on sale at a pretty good discount. Wait for the sale, or impulsively just buy the aluminum one and don't bother with the steel one.

No I got the front end up just fine with a bar overhead like WCs. I was changing the shock to a Wilbers (bought off a guy here) and wanted to remove the wishbone to clean up. I couldn't do that with the bike on the center stand as that interferes with removing the last bolt nearest the engine.So I wondered if anyone had experience with this type of jack. How well does this type of jack work on this bike?

Thx
I was able to do my Wilber and the dog bones entirely by myself without a jack and on the center stand. If you do them in the right order--I think you undo the rear and then the front swivels away from the center stand.

The only tricky moment was lifting up the rear tire which I used a 2x4 just to get the final bolt started.

Food for thought.