Motorcycle Junkie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Playwelder. Are you new to FJRs or just new to the forum? Lots of good information here.
I have a 2011 - used to have a 2007. Well over 250,000 miles between the two bikes.

Welcome Playwelder. Are you new to FJRs or just new to the forum? Lots of good information here.
I have a 2011 - used to have a 2007. Well over 250,000 miles between the two bikes.
No, not new to the FJR 2012 love this bike. Yes new to the Forum, I need to learn to use the forum! I need a new battery thinking of trying a gel type. Also thinking of the Mc cruise now that Iam 61.

No, not new to the FJR 2012 love this bike. Yes new to the Forum, I need to learn to use the forum! I need a new battery thinking of trying a gel type. Also thinking of the Mc cruise now that Iam 61.
I have used the MC cruise on my 2010 for several years. Pros: installation was easy. I liked each cable "the right length" complete with connector. Control mounts on left, unobtrusive, very good design. Blends right in. Highly recommended. Cost $1000 back when I bought it. Cons: none.

Hi Playwelder - Welcome - Had my 07 FJR for 3 years, and currently bought and installed the MCCruise, and wait for the winter to let go , so it is possible to try the CC out

Welcome @Playwelder ! I am in So Cal, 59 years old, and been riding for 36 years. I used a Vistacruise on my bikes so far. It is an inexpensive throttle lock - not a cruise control - but allows me to give my right hand a break on straight roads or superslabs which I try to avoid as much as I can. There is so much more to see on the back roads, and on them cruise control is of little use.