Motorcycle lift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard of the BlackWidow motorcycle lift?
lift site

That looks a lot like my Handdy lift 1000, It should work just fine for your FJR.

Two notes of caution.

Never try to put a large bike on the lift by yourself.

Protect the lift switch (Short story) My son and I were putting my FJS on the lift to do some maintenance.

Just as the front wheel was half way on, I tripped on the switch And it table went into full lift. :fie:

FJR,s front wheel 5+ feet strait up, the table is tipped on its back two wheels and I cant reach the switch.

Were both hanging on for dear life. :help: After a few minutes we decided to back the bike up as the bike came back,

the table tipped forward. The FJR goes back to level, the table is now at full tilt. One more inch and bike is free and table crashes down. No damage to bike or lift nerves and shorts shot.

The table is great just use care.

Jim

lift site

That looks a lot like my Handdy lift 1000, It should work just fine for your FJR.

Two notes of caution.

Never try to put a large bike on the lift by yourself.

Protect the lift switch (Short story) My son and I were putting my FJS on the lift to do some maintenance.

Just as the front wheel was half way on, I tripped on the switch And it table went into full lift. :fie:

FJR,s front wheel 5+ feet strait up, the table is tipped on its back two wheels and I cant reach the switch.

Were both hanging on for dear life. :help: After a few minutes we decided to back the bike up as the bike came back,

the table tipped forward. The FJR goes back to level, the table is now at full tilt. One more inch and bike is free and table crashes down. No damage to bike or lift nerves and shorts shot.

The table is great just use care.

Jim

That right there is cartoon funny! :D Just glad you guys made out allright

We have a lift at the garage where i park the bike, it's a hydraulic lift so it can't accidentally "lift" while putting the bike on it :) I can usually get the Feej up there myself but it's WAY easier with 2 people.

The only part I have trouble trusting is the front wheel chock to keep the bike upright, I always put it on the center stand when on the lift...

lift site
Mine looks just like that one but it's a "Direct Lift" made in Indianapolis and I drove up and picked it up myself as shipping something that heavy will cost you . I use it alot as I have four motorcycles in my bike shop.

Scoop

Dunno if they're any good or not, but was at my local Sears this weekend browsing the toy department (i.e. tools) and saw they had a Craftsman motorcycle lift for sale (not very expensive...deleted price as I can't recall exactly). Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if they're any good or not, but was at my local Sears this weekend browsing the toy department (i.e. tools) and saw they had a Craftsman motorcycle lift for sale (not very expensive...deleted price as I can't recall exactly). Just sayin'.
It is the 'Directlift' model listed above.

I pulled the trigger on the lift...I'll report back after it comes in.
geez, I've been waiting and waiting

skeleton-waiting3.jpg