Motorcycle Shows Cancelled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad, but expected. The Vancouver / Abbotsford show was a great mid-winter break for us water logged PNW folks!

~G

If the US turns "blue" officially, I expect lock downs to be in full force after all the stink about them not being mandated.

If the US turns "blue" officially, I expect lock downs to be in full force after all the stink about them not being mandated.
I thought those decisions were made at the state level (and enforced at the municipal level) rather than by the feds??

In any case, I wouldn't be comfortable attending a crowded indoor event when a communicable respiratory illness (even "just" influenza) is prevalent.

I thought those decisions were made at the state level (and enforced at the municipal level) rather than by the feds??

In any case, I wouldn't be comfortable attending a crowded indoor event when a communicable respiratory illness (even "just" influenza) is prevalent.
That's been the stuck-in-the-craw talking points. Those who didn't want the Fed to be seen as overstepping it's authority and waiting to be asked in by the Governor vs those who say the Fed didn't do mandates in spite of those concerns. After all the finger-pointing, we better see as YEAR of total lockdown, mandatory masks and vaccinations, jail time for non-compliance, and a minimum wage of $100,000.00 (without actually having to work). It's the only way to be seen as NOT doing exactly what has been done.

And to be sure this is on-topic, I'll see y'all on the flip side of 2023 when we open back up again under new management (no, not Harris... some other country buying us out like a corporate takeover.

That's been the stuck-in-the-craw talking points. Those who didn't want the Fed to be seen as overstepping it's authority and waiting to be asked in by the Governor vs those who say the Fed didn't do mandates in spite of those concerns. After all the finger-pointing, we better see as YEAR of total lockdown, mandatory masks and vaccinations, jail time for non-compliance, and a minimum wage of $100,000.00 (without actually having to work). It's the only way to be seen as NOT doing exactly what has been done.

And to be sure this is on-topic, I'll see y'all on the flip side of 2023 when we open back up again under new management (no, not Harris... some other country buying us out like a corporate takeover.

You need to go ride more.

<<snip>>And to be sure this is on-topic, I'll see y'all on the flip side of 2023 when we open back up again under new management (no, not Harris... some other country buying us out like a corporate takeover.
LOL, will anyone have us now? Sure as hell not Canada or Mexico. Winter has started in the PNW. I'm already missing the Vancouver bike show. Hands down it beat the last couple CW shows in Seattle!

~G

I've been going to the shows for years. The DC show has progressively been less and less worth my time and money. As I left last year's show, I made the decision not to go again.

I've been going to the shows for years. The DC show has progressively been less and less worth my time and money. As I left last year's show, I made the decision not to go again.
I love going to the shows.  Not because I really expect to see something new but because they fall at a time when (in my region) we are at the tail end of winter and still suffering from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).  A bit of optimism after a shitty winter - would be especially welcome this year.