Mounting Hagon remote preload adjuster?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olsonm3915

Reaction score
At 62k miles the stock shock on my 2007 FJR is worn out. So I bought a Hagon shock with remote preload adjuster (last August, but I'm just now getting around to putting it on).

I'm curious if anyone who has installed a Hagon shock with the optional remote preload adjuster has any tips for a good mounting scheme. I have a couple of ideas but I am trying to avoid having the knob sticking out the side since it looks like it will get in the way of my leg or the passenger's boot.

Thanks and apologies if this has already been discussed, I did try searching the forum.

Here's where I put the Penske's remote reservoir:

My_2011_FJR-5.png

There's a simple bracket using the two bolts on the muffler hanger

Last edited by a moderator:
I just so happened to have this little half moon piece of aluminum in my scrap pile. It was perfectly dimensioned to do more or less exactly what I needed. It is not so thick that the shoulder bolts can't use all the threads in the subframe, which was a concern. It will move the saddlebag rubber mounting bit 3mm outward as it will also offset the muffler but I think both will tolerate that much without too much trouble.
smile.png

I may have to cut away some of the material on the forward edge of the half moon plate (yellow area) so that the adjuster knob can go rearward to its full travel, but as it is it should have plenty, I think. And it doesn't appear that the hose will foul anything nor is the adjuster subject to an unusual amount of debris, etc. I may gently loosen the compression fitting on the adjuster so I can relieve the twist in the line, as well as the banjo bolt on the hydraulic actuator collar on the shock, but just as it is I could leave it be.

I am quite pleased how it is turning out.

2-IMG_20150504_165608317-edit.jpg

1-IMG_20150504_165753366.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: