MPH/KMH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a 2008 FJR1300A, it was an American Bike that was imported into Canada. On the MFD It currently displays everything in MPH/MPG/F/..., does anyone know how to get it to display in KMH/L/100KM/C/....? I know on my sleds it is just a jumper and they show you how in the owners manual but, I looked in the Owners manual and nothing? I haven't purchased a service manual yet (Just got the bike on the weekend) I am sure it's in there. I can't see them making a new module or software for the few bikes they sell in Canada.

Thanks.
Not the perfect solution but... GPS? Easy to read and can be either K's or M's!
That's how I roll on my US 2006. When I cross the border, I change the Zumo's display to read in the units of the locale I'm in!
Now that was way too simple. ;)

Just picked up a 2008 FJR1300A, it was an American Bike that was imported into Canada. On the MFD It currently displays everything in MPH/MPG/F/..., does anyone know how to get it to display in KMH/L/100KM/C/....? I know on my sleds it is just a jumper and they show you how in the owners manual but, I looked in the Owners manual and nothing? I haven't purchased a service manual yet (Just got the bike on the weekend) I am sure it's in there. I can't see them making a new module or software for the few bikes they sell in Canada.

Thanks.
Not the perfect solution but... GPS? Easy to read and can be either K's or M's!
That's how I roll on my US 2006. When I cross the border, I change the Zumo's display to read in the units of the locale I'm in!
Now that was way too simple. ;)
Damn how I wish it was our FJR Forum dog pile Friday today, I have an absolutely perfect Canadian joke to use here but it will have to wait until 3/16!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Stoy, good question about the conversion. I live in Victoria BC but do alot of touring into the Pacific Northwest. I am an old school map in the tank bag kind of guy. So my answer to having MPH available on my Gen II model was to add a low tech,hi accuracy bicycle speedo. I leave it on MPH and it records my total mileage for the riding season, gives me top speed, day's distance and of course speed reading in MPH. Now you could just do the same and leave it on the KPH setting. No expensive piece of tech (GPS) to be taking on and off, or being concerned about leaving on the bike, and it is very accurate and cheap. I have the SIGMA SPORT and has been on the bike for five years, replaced the battery once so far.

Thanks guys, I can do the conversion from MPH to KMH realtively easily as the speedo does display in both. I will wait to to see if it bothers me.

For you guys that asked about the snow,it is when we put our bikes away and pull out our snowmobles and bundle up!

Last edited by a moderator:
nithyananda-pinocchio-how-to-catch-a-liar.png
What did SnowWhite say while sitting on Pinocchio's face...... Tell a lie! Tell the truth! Tell a lie! ...

Hey Stoy, good question about the conversion. I live in Victoria BC but do alot of touring into the Pacific Northwest. I am an old school map in the tank bag kind of guy. So my answer to having MPH available on my Gen II model was to add a low tech,hi accuracy bicycle speedo. I leave it on MPH and it records my total mileage for the riding season, gives me top speed, day's distance and of course speed reading in MPH. Now you could just do the same and leave it on the KPH setting. No expensive piece of tech (GPS) to be taking on and off, or being concerned about leaving on the bike, and it is very accurate and cheap. I have the SIGMA SPORT and has been on the bike for five years, replaced the battery once so far.
Just make sure to get a WIRED unit not wireless. The electrical noise will not let it work. I spent a few hours trying to figure out why it worked when I rolled my bike out of the garage but refused to work once I started it up for the test drive.

Don't use a speedoHealer. It will also "correct" your odometer giving you 2.2 times the mileage :eek:

-worney

Don't use a speedoHealer. It will also "correct" your odometer giving you 2.2 times the mileage :eek:

-worney
The conversion factor for kilometers to miles is 1.621 so a SpeedoHealer should add approximately 1.6 times the mileage.

Since 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds however the SpeedoHealer may make the FJR weigh 2.2 times as much. ;)

-worney
The conversion factor for kilometers to miles is 1.621 so a SpeedoHealer should add approximately 1.6 times the mileage.

Since 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds however the SpeedoHealer may make the FJR weigh 2.2 times as much. ;)
Shit...That's the last thing us GenII guys need.