My '05 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFR Rider

Reaction score
So, I hit the 600 mile mark within a week of buying the bike and thought I would take the opportunity to farkle the bike while I had it apart. So finally, I have it all back together. Here's what's new on the bike...

1) 12V Barrier Strip installed in Front under panel Panel D

2) Added PIAA 1100X driving lights mounted on the fender

3) Added Scorpio alarm w/ perimeter sensor

4) Added "always hot" powerlet in Panel A

5) Added Datel volt meter in Panel A

6) Added MANIC Salamander Bar End weights

7) Added a Givi V46 trunk with brake light kit

8) Added Motovation no-cut frame sliders

9) Added Ram Mounts for my eTrex Color GPS

10) Added Backoff module hooked to Givi brake lights and LED bar mounted under Givi rack

11) Added rear double powerlet mounted on rear passenger peg

12) Added Blue Sea power distribution block in rear tail

And last but not least will be a set of Leo Vince titanium slip ons which should arrive this week. Here are some photos of the bike as it is now. Time to get out and ride...

FJR1.jpg

FJR2.jpg

FJR3.jpg

FJR4.jpg

FJR5.jpg

FJR6.jpg

FJR8.jpg

FJR7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

Beautiful job on all the add ons. The Piaa lights on the front look great. Now all you need to add is the Passport X-50 or Valentine and your all set. Good luck with the bike and ride safe. By the way, you forgot to mention the 3M black reflective decals on the side cases and the moko sliders...lol....

I'd like to see a link to the vendor of the PIAA lights with those brackets. Or did you fab them yourself?

:p

It is still amazing what a great looking bike we all have, you have done a very nice job personalizing yours'

That makes we want to go out and wash mine!

What a fantastic job you have done, better than most dealers could. Plus you know it was done right.

I only wish I could do as well.

Mac

Great looking bike, VFRman :clapping:

With all that extra hardware your next farkle ought to be a serious monoshock. I mean it B)

Stef

We took the bike out for a 2-up ride yesterday, and I agree that it will only be a matter of time before we do the suspension and forks as well. Just need to save up the $$$ for that.

With all that extra hardware your next farkle ought to be a serious monoshock. I mean it B)

Stef

So... The brackets? Where'd you get them? I'd like to farkle those on to my '05...
If you are referring to the brackets on the LED bar under the Givi, I made them using aluminum bar that I picked up from Ace Hardware. I cut the piece behind the LED bar, and then made to hangars that attached onto the rear bolts on the Givi rack. After everything was put together, a little flat black spray paint and I was in business.

If you are referring to the PIAA mounts, they came as part of the PIAA light kit which I got from Whitehorsepress.com. I need to get better washers for the spacing as the lights tend tto drift

We took the bike out for a 2-up ride yesterday, and I agree that it will only be a matter of time before we do the suspension and forks as well. Just need to save up the $$$ for that.

Stef
The recommendation is a good one, but I waited until the stock shock was thrashed fairly well (15k miles)

Very, very nice... Is the Datel Waterproof?

I may have to borrow that idea there. :D

OK, You're hired. Come on over to my place and work on mine... :D

I'll ride yours while you're doing the wrenching..

Nice job.. Congrats.

2) Added PIAA 1100X driving lights mounted on the fender

5) Added Datel volt meter in Panel A
Geeze, I don't wanna sound liek the bad guy, but if you're running the 55w bulbs in the PIAA's watch that Datel closely

FAQ Thread

you're damn near maxing out the alternator

-bvw.
When the bike is running w/ just the GPS the Datel is showing 14v, when the PIAA lights are on it drops to 13.4. At this point the alternator seems to still be doing its job. Will have to see how it would be with more electrics on.

WOW, beautiful bike...I noticed you had a nice bracket for the etrex Vista C. I just added a Vista CX but could find no motorcycle specific bracket for it.

Did you rig the bracket your self or purchase it somewhere...I have been looking all over for one of those.

Thanks!

Latest posts