My 1st FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwmiv

Reaction score
Hello all,

Nice to join you.  Almost a month ago, I picked up a very nice/clean 2010.

I'm loving it.  I will be asking about throttle lock options and where the wires are for my heated hand-grips (factory add-on).

Wires at the top or the bottom?  Cheers!

Welcome, a hint, READ everything regarding new members. Then search before asking about things that have already been discussed lots of times. You will get to learn so much by reading first. Enjoy your FJR!

...I will be asking about throttle lock options and where the wires are for my heated hand-grips (factory add-on).

Wires at the top or the bottom?  
Not sure what (or why) you are asking.  

Congratulations on the new bike.  I got my current 2011 FJR (silver as well) last year.  Sold my '07 with 185,000 miles - and it is still going strong.

Thanks to all.  I am really loving my FJR.

The reason for the question has to do with adding an Atlas Throttle Lock.

I need to know if the throttle side wires to the grips is on top or on bottom in order to choose a top side or bottom side throttle lock version.

It's a 2010 with factory add-on heated grips with the factory controller.  Hope this helps.  I've tried to look closely, but I'm still not sure.

I may end up going with a Kaoka throttle lock.  I'm wanting to know my options.

Thanks to all. I am really loving my FJR.

The reason for the question has to do with adding an Atlas Throttle Lock.

I need to know if the throttle side wires to the grips is on top or on bottom in order to choose a top side or bottom side throttle lock version.

It's a 2010 with factory add-on heated grips with the factory controller. Hope this helps. I've tried to look closely, but I'm still not sure.

I may end up going with a Kaoka throttle lock. I'm wanting to know my options.
Hi, I have the '07 AS model, and have been goofing around the same thing. On mine... Cable for the grip comes out whit the throttle cables at the bottom. If you want the Atlas you should go for the top munt. Have you considered the Brakeaway mod 7CP02, looks very nice, but the cost is.... Have communicating whit them ( brakeaway) and others, and they say, as long as the cable is internal it's ok. I haven't decided yet...., but if I seems to work I would go for the Brakeaway model. Expensive, but very nice.